VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/64

I entered the hotel lobby with mixed feelings. I certainly was happy to be back home. I smelled the familiar scent of the hotel. It was a mixture of old carpets and lemon room spray. But I was also afraid of meeting Michael again and all the others that I knew. Would they still recognize me as their „old" Idy? Probably they were mad at me because I had left the hotel head over heels to go on tour with Elvis. The magazines were full of articles about our relationship. I was very glad that only a few people knew about the pregnancy. But I knew very well that it was only a matter of time until Elvis would find out. I panicked when I thought about it. Would he come to Las Vegas? Would he make me tell him everything? Would Ann-Margret try to keep him from me because I was only a dumb show girl? There I was, standing in the hotel lobby, totally lost and insecure.

„Idy? Oh my god! It's really you!", I knew this voice very well. I turned around and there was Jenny, throwing herself into my arms. She squeezed me tight. It was exactly what I needed. I was relieved that she obviously hadn't forgotten me.

„What are you doing here? Where are you coming from? I read so much about you in the magazines! How was the tour? How is Elvis doing? Did he come with you? I'm so happy to have you back again!", Jenny still hugged me. It seemed that nobody could stop her from babbling. I was completely overwhelmed.

But suddenly she stopped. Then she pushed me away from her and gazed at me: „Wait a minute! There is something wrong!"

I was puzzled: „What do you mean? It's me, Idy!"

Jenny pointed at my belly: „Are you pregnant?", she asked and she was so excited that her voice sounded quite loud. A few people turned around and glared at us.

„Sshhhhhht!", I whispered, „How the hell do you know? Is it that obvious?"

Jenny starred at me with big eyes: „I just knew it. That's awsome, Idy!", she took me in her arms again but this time much more carefully. She was really excited about the news: „Is Michael....?"

I shook my head. Then her eyes got even bigger. She gasped for air: „I don't believe this. Elvis is the father?"

I nodded. „Holy shit!", she screamed.

„Jenny, please lower your voice!", I looked around me and noticed the looks some people gave us. I knew that some of the hotel guests might have recognized me. I never would had guessed that Jenny would immediately figure out my secret. I dragged her to the hotel bar. I was looking for a quiet place to sit and talk to her.

„Puh! I'm totally exhausted! The twins are making a wrack out of me!", I got rid of my shoes.

„Twins? Are you about to tell me that you are the future mother of Elvis Presley's twins?", Jenny's cheeks turned red. She was excited and couldn't sit still.

„You are completely freaking out!", I chuckled. Jenny's enthusiasm made me laugh and I needed that so badly.

„Will he also come to Las Vegas?", Jenny's curiosity seemed to be endless.

That's when the smile on my face disappeared. I shook my head: „No, Elvis won't come. He doesn't even know that I'm pregnant."

„What?", Jenny placed her hand on mine, „What does that mean? What happened, Idy? You know you can tell me everything."

I felt pretty depressed when I told her what had happened on tour. Thomas' death and how things had changed after that. I told her about the two days at Graceland, when I had thought that everything was back to normal between us and how I had been looking forward to a future with Elvis until I saw him kissing Ann-Margret.

Jenny listened. After I had finished, she put her arm around my shoulder and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

„I told you once and I'm telling you again: I will be there for you when this thing with Elvis won't work. I knew that this might happen. Elvis is the king of rock'n roll and one of the most desired men on the planet, Idy. It was only a matter of time until something like this would happen. Well, I always used to say that if you want to be with somebody who is as famous as Elvis, you have to accept that you will have to share him with the whole world."

I was really upset about what she said: „What are you implying, Jenny? Are you telling me that I have to accept that he is cheating on me?"

„One kiss means nothing in show business, Idy. I thought you know that. Besides, who threw herself into Michael's arms after Elvis had announced his engagement with Priscilla? You are no angel, Idy!"

„But this is a complete other story!", I tried to justify myself, „I thought that Elvis had used me. I thought that we never could have a future together. Damn! I don't want to fight with you, Jenny!"

„I feel the same!", Jenny smiled at me, „Let's talk about something else."

„Yes, please! Tell me! How are you doing? Did you hear anything from Jerry ever again? Is he still around?"

Jenny shook her head: „No it's like he disappeared somehow. I heard that Elvis' men are after him. They investigated a little bit and discovered that Jerry is involved in some shady drug business. Before the sheriff was able to arrest him, this bastard was gone. Nobody had seen him ever since."

„Oh, I didn't know this. Elvis' boys are very good in what they are doing. Hopefully they managed to catch Frank Sinatra as well. Elvis thinks that he is one of the big mafia bosses in Las Vegas."

I wondered why Jenny's smile suddenly disappeared from her face: „I know for sure that Frank has nothing to do with drugs. Elvis' suspicion is ridiculous. Frank was pretty surprised when he found out about Jerry. He fired him right away."

„Okay, okay! But how come you know all these things?"

All at once Jenny's smile was back again: „I know it because Frank and I are engaged. I will marry soon, Idy. Frank Sinatra and I are going to be husband and wife!"

I gasped for air. Jenny and Frank Sinatra? If he really had nothing to do with the drug business and he really was that gentlemen, I was happy for my friends.
When I was just about to hug Jenny, somebody approached our table.

„Hello Idy!". I looked up and there were these dark, mysterious eyes:
„Hello Michael!"

-to be continued-