VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/62

I felt like my heart had been torn out of my body. I couldn't believe that the two people I loved so much had deceived me. Maybe I would have been able to forgive one kiss but I had heard Ann-Margret's words. Why hadn't Elvis pushed her away immediately? Instead he had told her that he loved her and I had to watch them kissing and cuddling.

Silently I took the stairs up to the bedroom. I was in a hurry. I entered the room and locked the door behind me. Then I cried my heart out. Why had I been so stupid? I had been fallen for the man who could have all women on earth. He played his tricks on me and I was nothing more but one out of hundreds. The worst part was that I felt his babies growing inside me. In this moment I made a pact with myself. They would never get to know their father. I would take care of that.

"I need to get away from here!", I thought.

Hastily I packed my things and sneaked out of the bedroom. In the hallway I listen if Elvis and Ann still were talking in the living room but everything was quiet inside the house. Everybody was outside at the party. I had to try to leave without being noticed. In front of the house I hesitated for a short moment. I wondered if I should just talk to them and confront them with what I had seen. But I dropped this idea.

„They would lie to me and deceive me again.", I thought.

Just when I was about to make my way to the exit, somebody grabbed my arm:

„Where are you going to, Idy?", Johnny gazed at the suitcase in my hand.

Hastily I wiped away the tears out of my face: „I will get away from here. Let me go, Johnny!"

„But...what happened, Idy?"

That's when the tears overwhelmed me again. I explained Johnny what I just had seen and heard in the living room.

„He is cheating on me, with her, Johnny!", I tried to free myself but Johnny wouldn't let me go.

„I cannot believe that, Idy. You must have misunderstood something. Talk to him! This is clearly a misunderstanding."

„Oh no! This was all very real and certainly no misunderstanding."

„What is going on?", the Colonel had noticed our conversation.

„I will leave to Las Vegas, today.", I explained.

The Colonel suddenly looked quite puzzled and even took the cigar out of his mouth: „Does the boy know?"

„Tom, I believe the boss screwed up.", Johnny scratched his head.

„Whatever he did to you, we will take care of it, girl. You must not leave now. You are the future mother of Elvis Presley's unborn kids. That makes you a member of the family. I cannot accept that you run away!"

„What? You know that I'm pregnant? Who told you?"

Johnny lowered his head and I could tell that he was guilty. „I can't believe it, Johnny! You? You told him about the pregnancy? This was confidential. I trusted you!"

„Idy, I'm sorry. Tom had to know. It's not about only you anymore. These kids are members of the family and therefore they are a part of the business. I hope you understand that it was my duty to tell him."

„What do you mean, the kids are part of the business? I will take care that you will never get them. They won't be sold and exploited! That's why I will leave now. I don't want to see you anymore!", I cried. It broke my heart because I had loved Johnny and the others of the team. My world was falling apart.

"I understand what you are feeling, Idy. I swear I haven't told anybody else, but the Colonel. The boss has no idea."

„Okay, Johnny.", I answered. He was still grabbing my arm, "Now, let me go!"

„Let her go!", Tom Parker insisted, „I will find out what the boy has done. Look at her. She is desperate. Maybe it will be the best if she and Elvis will be separated for a while."

I starred at the Colonel. He was the last person I expected to understand me. I took the chance when Johnny let go of my arm, took my suitcase and ran down the driving way.

„But Idy, how will you get to the airport? I could give you a ride. Idy, wait for me!", I heard Johnny running after me. I didn't answer and ran as fast as I could. When I finally reached the gate, I realized that the Colonel and Johnny didn't follow me anymore and I was glad about it.

There I stood, drowned in tears and completely lost. I was feeling sick and I was tired. It felt like I would never be happy again. Besides I actually asked myself how I was supposed to get to the airport. I didn't know if there were taxis or buses passing by. Suddenly an old, red Buik stopped right next to me.

„Excuse me, Miss. One question, is this Graceland? Elvis Presley's house?"

I nodded: „Yes, it is."

I looked into the car and immediately regonized the two faces behind the windshield. They were smiling at me so kindly.

„Diane and Karl Warner? I know you. You are Thomas' parents!"

The couple looked at me with surprised eyes: „You know us?"

„Yes, of course. I'm so sorry about what happened to Thomas.", I instantly had this nightmarish feeling again when I remembered the shot in Nashville and Thomas' lifeless body laying in the middle of the street in the pouring rain. And I recalled how Elvis had been kneeling next to him, how he was desperate and hopeless. Karl and Diane's eyes looked very sad. But suddenly there was a smile on Karl's lean and pale face.

„Wait a minute! I know you. I have seen your pictures in the magazines. You are Idy, Elvis' girl friend!"

I completely had forgotten that not only Elvis but also I had been recognized by people in public. I asked myself what the tabloids would write when they found out that I had escaped to Las Vegas.

Elvis' showgirl escaped to Las Vegas. The king comforts himself with young girls!"

A cold shiver ran down my spine. I still could not believe that I had been stupid enough to trust him.

„Oh, yes, Idy. It's a pleasure to meet you.", Diane beamed with joy. I noticed her copper colored hair and thought about Thomas' red hair, "When Elvis came to visit us, he told us how much he loves you. You must be so proud to be the woman at the side of such a wonderful man. He told us that he can't wait to have a little family with you and that he wants to have a sun just like our Thomas. He is such a fine man, your Elvis!"

I starred at Karl and Diane without saying a word. It was unbelievable what they had just told me. I asked myself if leaving Graceland would be the right decision. My thoughts were an absolute mess. Suddenly I wasn't sure what I should do.

-to be continued- Hit the star if you like my story. Thank you for your support!