VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/71

But I had no time to worry about Michael because Elvis continued pushing me out of the room. I had a hard time keeping up with him. The pregnancy paid its toll on me. My body felt heavier and weaker with every day that passed. I recalled the doctor's warning. He told me to avoid too much stress. Tonight Elvis seemed to be in a hurry. He dragged me through the entire backstage area.

„Where are we going? Don't you want to watch Frank's show?", meanwhile I was completely out of breath. Finally Elvis stopped and turned around. When he saw me sweating all over and gasping for air, he suddenly looked pretty worried:

„Idy! What's wrong with you? Are you feeling unwell, honey?"

I grabbed his arm and took a deep breath: „It's the same thing with the babies as it is with you.", I answered and grinned, „You guys are way too exhausting but I simply love you from the bottom of my heart."

Elvis laughed. As always, his laughter was contagious. It was good to see him laugh again. I tried to remember when I had saw him the last time being totally at ease. Probably it was that evening at Graceland. Back then he was a whole new Elvis. He was the little boy from Tupelo who still liked to play with his friends, free and without any pressure. It was this little boy I saw in his eyes right now and I thought about Gladys. I was wondering if she would be proud of me. I was certain that she would had been very happy to be a grandmother. It made me sad and I swallowed a little tear.

Elvis noticed it: „What's wrong, Idy? You aren't feeling well, I can see that. I will call a doctor."

„No, no, no need.", I tried to calm him down, „I'm just a little exhausted, that's all. What about the show?"

I had been looking forward to seeing the Rat Pack perform. Jenny had told be about Frank's distinguished voice and how talented he was.

„Watch out, Mr. Presley, Frank Sinatra is a serious competitor!", I pretended to be a reporter, holding an imaginary microphone against Elvis' face. He looked at me and I could tell that he thought that I was about to lose my mind. But then he smiled and ruffled my hair:

"You are some crazy chicken!", he gave me a big kiss on my cheek, "I thought that it might be the best to skip the show and you rest a bit."

„What? No!", I protested, „I want to see the show so badly. I'm feeling good, really!"

„Please, Idy. You have to rest. I can see how exhausted you are. Besides...", he pointed towards the stage entrance, „Out there, we won't have any time alone. People will recognize us. We won't be able to enjoy the show without being surrounded by a crowd. I know that you hate crowds.", he pulled me into his arms and pressed his forehead against mine.

I had no idea what on earth made him so damn irresistible this evening. There was something magical about him. As he held me in his arms, I suddenly felt a burning craving for him and I started to like the idea of being alone with him. This time, I was the one, grabbing his arm and dragging him along impatiently. Elvis seemed to be pretty surprised.

„Come on!", I requested, „Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has left the building!"

Then I heard his distinguished chuckle. He understood my kind of humor and I loved him for that.

„Hey boss! Hey Idy!", Johnny waved at us.

As soon as Elvis spotted his assistant, he began to babble all excited: „Johnny, my friend, I have great news! I'm going to be a dad! Isn't that wonderful?", Johnny looked surprised when he got a big hug from his boss.

„What a surprise!", Johnny said and winked at me. I threw him a kiss. It was my way to thank him for keeping my secret. Neither he nor the Colonel obviously had told Elvis about the babies.

Elvis and Johnny stepped aside and Elvis talked and talked, gesturing wildly. He made sure that I wasn't able to hear anything he said. I smiled as I watched them. Johnny looked so tiny next to Elvis. It was funny how he tried to write everything his boss told him into his little notebook. I loved them both so much. My heart was full of joy because I was so proud of these guys and I was proud to be a member of this wonderful family. I couldn't wait for the babies to be the next who would be unconditionally loved by the Presley family.

„Well, well..", a familiar voice suddenly interrupted my train of thoughts, „It seems that somebody heard the news that he is going to be a father."

I turned around and looked into Jenny's beautiful eyes. She didn't have to wait for my answer. We instantly fell into each others arms.

„I'm so happy, Jenny!"

„What did he say?"

„He is more than happy. There was no reason to worry at all."

„I thought so.", Jenny smiled happily, „Come! The show will start in a few minutes!"

I shook my head: „I'm sorry but we can't come. You know, too much attention and I'm pretty exhausted. We decided to rest at the hotel."

„Oh, I understand!", Jenny winked at me. I couldn't hold back a grin.

She sighed: „I totally get it. Have fun!", then she gave me a little kiss on my cheek and went.

When we arrived at Elvis' suite, there was no holding me back. I didn't give him any chance to catch his breath. I pressed my lips against his and kissed him over and over again. I wanted him so much. But he responded to my kisses rather hesitatingly. I tried to turn him on by opening my blouse and put his hands right on my breasts. Tenderly I kissed his neck, then the tips of his ears. But suddenly he pushed me away from him.

„What's wrong?", I frowned.

„Idy, I'm really sorry, but I think you should rest now.", he took his hands off my breasts.

I was even more turned on by him pushing me away. „He likes to play.", I thought.

Then I started to unbutton his shirt. But he grabbed my hands.

„Please, Idy! You really should relax now!", he told me quite strictly.

„But...but I want you so badly, Elvis! Now!", I sighed.

Suddenly he took me and carried me to the bed. While laying in his arms, I tried to kiss him again but his attention seemed to be completely gone. I bit my lower lip. The fact that he didn't even care to touch me was unbearable. What had happened? Was the pregnancy the reason that he didn't find me attractive anymore?

-to be continued- Thank you so much for all your support!