VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/35

Again, Elvis and I were running hand in hand through the casino in order to escape his fans. But this time I didn't want to make any mistakes. I gazed at Elvis and asked myself why of all these pretty girls, this beautiful man took me and showed his love to the whole world.

„This will have consequences, right?", I asked him.

Elvis was pretty out of breath. I sensed that he still wasn't feeling well.

„You bet it will!, he answered with a grin in his face.

„You should be in hospital right now, Elvis. Did your doctor allow to come here tonight?"

Elvis coughed, a clear sign that he needed to get back to bed immediately.

„Now you sound like my mom. I released myself from hospital. It was boring without you.", he paused because he had difficulties with breathing properly.

„Elvis, please don't push yourself too hard!", I held my hand against his forehead which felt terribly hot.

„I'm lucky. I'm suffering from pneumonia, at least that is what the doctor had said."

„What the f....?", I was terrified. Now he was telling me this? Just like that? Like if it were nothing?

He nodded and awkwardly beamed with joy.

„You have nothing to laugh about!", I disciplined him, „You will go back to bed! Now!"

„Please, Idy. Don't make a big deal out of it. The doctor gave me the permission to recover here at the hotel. This means I will not be able to go on the promotion tour for the movie. If you like it or not, I will be staying here, with you."

I probably stared at him rather distressed because suddenly he seemed to be insecure.

„What's wrong, Idy? Aren't you happy about that?"

But before I was able to answer we heard the excited voices from fans that had followed us.

„Damn!", Elvis sighed while we continued running, „I love my fans so much, but tonight the guys are like crazy. Can you believe it? Just before I went up on stage, some old lady hit me with her handbag. Just like that, out of no reason."

„You met Martha?", I gasped.

„You know this lady?"

I nodded and we both chuckled.

„Take it as a compliment.", I winked at him.

We ran towards the elevator. Elvis breathed harder and harder. This was no good at all. I was worried about him. I swore to myself to keep an eye on him and, if needed, to force him to relax. I didn't understand that he was so unreasonable. It made me mad. But in this moment he was so enchanting. While we were running he laughed so hard about Martha. Instead of feeling offended by Martha's hand bag attack, he took it with a lot of humor. Finally we reached the elevator. We managed to get in before the fans caught us. When the door closed, one girl still had her hand between the door.

„Oh no! Please be careful!", Elvis said out loudly. Fortunately the girl managed to pull back her hand before the door shut. I guessed that probably she might had hurt herself. When the door was about to close, I yelled at the people in front of the elevator:

"Elvis has left the building!"

But then I immediately realized that this again might had been a big mistake. I glanced at Elvis. I felt guilty and embarrassed. At first he looked quite dazzled.

„What?", than he burst out in laughter. His laugh was so contagious, I just had to laugh with him. We laughed and laughed until we arrived at the upper level.