VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/31

I was unsure how Elvis would react after our fight in Greenbaum's office. I felt insecure and my heart was beating very fast as I now stood at the door.

Elvis looked at me and he seemed to be quite puzzled. When our eyes met, a shiver ran down my spine. Although he obviously wasn't feeling well at all, he still had this amazing charisma. For a few moments we starred at each other without saying a word. Suddenly the surprised expression disappeared from his face. He smiled while I had the impression that he also felt a little insecure.

„Idy! I thought I would never see you again!"

At first I wasn't able to answer. I was happy to see him feeling much better but I didn't dare to come to his bed. The conversation I overheard with Priscilla before, had been totally confusing. I didn't know what to think anymore.

„How are you doing?", I finally asked.

„Well, it's okay.", Elvis tried to move while pressing his hand on his chest. From the expression on his face I could tell that he was in pain, "Please excuse me, but I have a little bit of a handicap. Somebody had broken my rip while rescuing my life.", now he smiled at me with a wink in his eye.

"Charly told me everything, Idy. I know that without you I probably would be dead by now."

When he then opened his arms, there was no holding back for me. It were tears of relief I cried while I felt into his arms. Obviously a little too stormy.

„Ouch! You have to be very gentle. You know that I had been dead.", he said and smirked.

„Stop it!", I didn't manage to stay serious and chuckled, „That's not funny. You scared me to death. I thought I would lose you!"

„And I thought that I had lost you already.", Elvis looked in my eyes and all of a sudden he was very serious, „I'm so sorry, Idy. All this wasn't my intention. It was an accident. When I saw you with this other guy, I freaked out. You know me. I really didn't know what I was doing. I was lucky that I had fired Charly. Otherwise he never would had come to you and God knows what would had happened then. By the way, Charly has his job back. I really feel sorry for all this mess. I was drunk and stupid."

I stroke his hair tenderly and touched his face. He looked awfully pale. He seemed to be so vulnerable the way he looked at me.

„Why are you taking these pills?", I had been asking myself that question the whole time and I was curious what he had to say about it.

Elvis sighed and paused for a short moment, then he took my hands. He lowered his head while he was explaining:

„It all began shortly before I went to Germany for military service. Mama just had died. She was my everything. We had a very strong bond. I had not much time to mourn her death, you know. The military service, the beginning of my career as a singer, the interviews, everything, it was too much. Suddenly I had trouble with getting enough sleep. That's when the Colonel gave me these pills. They help me."

„But it has been a while since then. You have been taking them since then? You should stop taking them immediately. They will kill you, do you hear me? You are addicted."

Elvis grinned: „I'm only addicted to one drug with all my heart and soul and that is you, Idy!", then he leaned forward and kissed me like he never had kissed me before. I felt his soft lips and the warmth of his body. I placed my hand on his chest. I wanted to feel his heart. He gently dragged me into the bed.

„Stop joking! Don't try to distract me. This is no game!", I told him.

But he didn't stop and continued kissing me. Again and again. I was in seventh heaven. I wished this moment would never pass. But suddenly Priscilla came into my mind.

„I'm sorry.", I stammered.

Elvis looked surprised: „What are you sorry about?"

I felt embarrassed and feared to admit it: „I overheard your conversation a few minutes ago. Believe me, I really didn't want to hear it, I swear!"

„You mean, you heard everything Priscilla and I were talking about?"

I nodded and I was sure that Elvis would be very mad at me. But actually he didn't seem to care at all:

„Then you had become a witness of our oh so happy relationship that in fact isn't happy at all. Idy, how often do I have to tell you this? Things are over with Priscilla."

„But what about the plan?", I asked, „Johnny told me everything about it. The plan said that you will wait until the movie would have been started. What about Ann-Margret? If the movie fails it could be the end of her career."

Elvis took my face in his hands and gently pressed his nose against mine.

„You worry too much, darling. Ann and I are very good friends since the making of the movie. I told her about my misery and it was her idea to end the relationship with Priscilla as soon as possible so I could be with you. Playing games would not be fair. We don't think that the movie will suffer from it. The audience will love Ann in her role. She simply is fantastic. By the way she told me that she would love to meet you. She really wants to know the lucky girl, that got that dream lover here.", he smirked while pointing at himself.

„Yeah, sure! That's what she said.", again he had managed to make me laugh.

But suddenly there was this feeling of insecurity again. There were so many things I didn't feel so sure of. Elvis noticed my frown.

"What's on your mind, Idy?"

Then I asked the one question that had burned in my mind since I had met Elvis for the first time:

„What if you won't like me anymore after a while. If I'm not good enough for you. I mean, you have tons of female fans. What if you will exchange me like you did with Priscilla?"

„Oh well, now that you mention it. There was a nurse this morning. She was very nice. She gave me a massage, you know.", he grinned. It made me mad because he refused to be serious. I wanted to lecture him but he was so sweet and charming. He pointed at different parts of his body: „She massaged me here and here. She did a great job. And she also massaged me here."

I capitulated. He had me twisted around his finger with this look on his face and those eyes.

„Did she massage you here?", I asked and kissed his neck.

„Mmhhhmmmm", he confirmed nodding.

„Did she do it like this?", I massaged his chest. He seemingly enjoyed it.

„And...what else did she do to you?", I chuckled while my hand went down between his legs.

„I will show you exactly what she had done to me.", he said. He began to button down my blouse. We kissed. Then I felt his skin upon mine. I had been longing to feel him again so desperately. It felt so good and he smelled so irresistible. He repeatedly flinched every time I came too close to his broken rip but this only made us laugh even harder. Everything was just perfect.

Suddenly somebody knocked at the door and I hastily turned around when I heard Michal's voice outside in front of the door:

„Idy? Are you in there? You have to come with me! It's about Jenny!"

-to be continued-