VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/67

„Idy, are you there? It's us, Maggy and Charly!"

„Charly?", I was completely surprised. Quickly I opened the door. It felt good to look into Charly's familiar eyes.

„Oh god, it's so good to see you, guys!", tears ran down my face as I rushed into Charly's arms.

„What's wrong?", he asked, „Is it still about what happened at Graceland? That's why we are here. We have to tell you something really important."

He scared me: „Did something happen? Is Elvis okay?"

Maggy took my hands: „Everything is fine."

I took a deep breath: „Please excuse me, come in.", I was nervous, my hands were shaking, „What brings you to Las Vegas? Shouldn't you be on your honeymoon right now?"

„That's where we are!", Charly grinned at me, „I promised Maggy a long time ago that I will show her this exciting city. Well, here we are at our honeymoon in Las Vegas. Guess who paid for it?"

I knew the answer: „Elvis!"

Charly nodded and gave Maggy a big kiss on her cheek.

„You seem to be pretty nervous, Idy!", Maggy eyed me up, „Is there something that worries you?"

I nodded.

„What happened?", Charly asked.

"You just said that you have news from Elvis?", I tried to change topics. I was unsure if I should tell them about what just had happened in the dressing room.

„No rush. Come on, tell us, what's wrong?"

I took my guts together and told them everything. Maggy and Charly were devastated.

„Oh my god, Idy! That's horrible!", Maggy took me into her arms.

„You were lucky that Michael was there.", Charly said, „I really don't want to think about what could have happened. Oh my god, Idy, do you believe that Jerry was the one who wrote the death threat?"

„I already thought the same. He knows that you did a good job in investigating about him and that Elvis informed the sheriff. He hates us, that's for sure."

„It wasn't really hard to find out about his connections to the Las Vegas mafia. The boss contacted some influential people at the police. The rest was a piece of cake. But unfortunately the guy escaped."

„Don't worry, Charly. Michael Harris will take care of it and deliver him to the sheriff."

Suddenly Charly and Maggy exchanged mysterious glances.

„What's up? What are you hiding from me? What was so important?", their behavior made me feel insecure.

„Why did you leave Memphis so suddenly, Idy?", Maggy asked.

„I'm so sorry that I left your wedding head over heels and flew to Las Vegas but I had some very good reasons for it.", then I explained what I had seen in the living room at Graceland.

Again I couldn't hold back the tears. It hurt so damn much. „I trusted them both, Charly! He broke my heart. We will never be able to have a life together."

Charly took my face into his hands and looked me deep in the eyes: „Now we understand why you left the wedding. Nobody will blame you."

„But you should have stayed longer, Idy!", Maggy added, „After what you saw in the living room something happened."

„What happened? Please don't tantalize me!", I was getting more and more nervous.

„Shortly after you left, there was a big fight.", Charly reported.

„Oh yes!", Maggy confirmed, „A really tough fight!"

„Who was fighting?"

„There was a fight between Elvis and Ann-Margret. It ended when Elvis threw Ann out.", Charly did a certain hand movement to emphasize what he just said. I held my breath. What he was saying didn't make any sense at all.

„He threw her out? But why? I clearly heard how he said that he loves her. Ann-Margret wanted him to leave me. He didn't say anything against it. Instead they kissed very passionately. I'm sorry, but I don't believe you!"

„Please believe us, Idy! He must have changed his mind!", Maggy seemed to be surprised by my reaction.

„Ann-Margret knows very well how to utilize her charm.", Charly stated, „The boss loves to be admired by women. You know him, Idy. One little kiss here, one little kiss there..."

„That wasn't just a little kiss!"

Charly nodded: „Yes, you might be right. They had a really good relationship but it never meant anything to the boss. Obviously Ann-Margret wanted more than just a passionate kiss. He must had noticed it. Sometimes Elvis is a little naive when it comes to women. But as soon as he realized what Ann-Margret was up to, he immediately threw her out of Graceland."

I felt how my heart was beating wildly: „Is that true?", I asked silently.

Maggy and Charly nodded. Thinking of Elvis made my heart beat faster. If this kiss hadn't meant anything to him, then we might have another chance. Suddenly every fiber inside my body was longing for him. But I assumed that he would be very angry because I had disappeared just like that.

„But what now?", I asked helpless.

Charly winked at me: „Don't worry, I think the boss is on his way to Las Vegas right now. As soon as Johnny and the Colonel told him that you took off to Las Vegas, he wanted to get on board the next flight, but an important appointment held him back from doing so."

Suddenly it came clear to me that my heart wanted Elvis and only Elvis. I had made my decision. Now I knew that my babies and I never wanted to live without him. But still I was afraid of meeting him again.

-to be continued-