VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/76

I was totally confused. How did David get into my dream? I closed my eyes for a short moment and realized that this man looked exactly like my husband. Was this again a dream within a dream? The same experience I had before?

„My name is Peter, Peter Hill, it's nice to meet you!", he had this big smile on his face while he shook my hand.

With disbelief I stared into his pale face. These fine facial features, the youthful appearance, the blond hair, these green eyes and last but not least the freckles on his arms, everything reminded me of David. Even his voice sounded like David's. It was scary. But everything was possible in my dream. It made me sad because it reminded me that this still was a dream and not real.

„Why do I continue dreaming? Why don't I wake up?", I thought. But it was futile to even think about it. The dream was going on."

„May I ask who this David is?"

„Nobody. You reminded me of my husband. You look just like him. What can I do for you, Mr. Hill?"

The young man looked at me from behind his round eyeglasses.

„I'm thrilled to meet you, Idy. I'm a reporter of the Daily Mirror. I like to ask you about your relationship with Elvis Presley. What was that again? You thought I was your husband? So you are married?"

I startled. I didn't see this coming. This guy was a reporter. How was it possible for him to even get into Greenbaum's office? I held my breath and took a step back.

„You...you are a reporter?"

He nodded and smiled: „Does this mean, Idy, you have an affair with Elvis? Does he know about your husband? Is it really Elvis' child that you are expecting? So you were nothing else but a one-night-stand? Why did Elvis leave you here in Las Vegas? Did he dump Priscilla because of you?"

He took his notebook and wrote something in it.

„Wait a minute!", I said, „What are you writing there? I have no comment!"

I felt completely insecure. This guy made me nervous. I knew that I must not say something wrong. I didn't want to cause Elvis any trouble.

„Please leave!", angrily I pulled his jacket. But he didn't go.

„You have to explain the thing with your husband, Idy! You certainly don't want to read in the newspaper that you had made a fool out of Elvis because he doesn't know.", he winked at me.

„But you are mixing it all up!", I was totally outraged, „Forget that I mentioned my husband. I cannot explain it. You wouldn't believe me."

„Really? Try me!", the mean grin of the reporter drove me mad.

„You know what? You won't get anything from me because you will leave this office now!"

I grabbed his arm and forcefully dragged him to the door. I opened it and threw him out. First he didn't defend himself but before I was able to shut the door, he put his foot into the door.

„Thank you so much, Idy. These were indeed interesting news. I think I will get a bonus for this article.", he smiled. Then he took his foot out of the door, turned around and strolled down the hallway.

I watched him leave to make sure that he actually was leaving the hotel. I felt the upcoming panic inside me.

„Oh my god! What have I done, again?", I was devastated and angry about myself. It seemed that I had learned nothing from former experiences. Elvis' warning words, Johnny who consistently begged me to be cautious when it came to dealing with the press. How could I be so silly? I bit my lower lip. I knew for sure that his guy would print the article and there was no way for me to stop him. What was I supposed to do now?

Then suddenly I had an idea: "Jenny!", I knew that only my best friend could help me now. I went to her room but she wasn't there. I was so nervous that I could hardly breathe. The babies took their space inside my belly what made it harder for me to move.

„Jenny! Where are you?", I cursed.

My instincts told me that she was at the pool and there she was. She was splashing with Frank in the water.

I hesitated at first, because I didn't want to interrupt them. But I needed their help desperately. So I waved at them. Frank was the first to notice me. He swam to the edge of the pool.

"Idy, you look like you just saw a ghost."

„I need your help, Frank. You have connections to the press, right? Something really stupid just happened."

Frank got out of the water, meanwhile Jenny also arrived also.

„What happened?", she asked.

I dug my face into my hands: „Oh Jenny!", I sobbed, „It is all so terrible. Why must it be always so complicated?"

„Calm down.", she tried to comfort me, „Sit down. You are looking terrible!" she also got out of the pool and put her arm on my shoulder. We sat down and I told them what just had happened. Frank and Jenny listened carefully.

„Do you think we could stop this guy from releasing this article?", I asked Frank, „If this goes public, Elvis will kill me."

Frank gazed at me with his baby blue eyes. He always had this kindness in his face. I knew that I could trust him.

"I will do everything to get you out of this, Idy!", he took my hand.

Relieved I took a deep breath. I was glad that I had such good friends who would help me and be at my side. But suddenly I noticed suspicion in Frank's eyes.

"To be able to help you, Idy, you have to answer my question honestly. Who in god's name is David?"

-to be continued-Please vote for Elvis and Idy! :)