VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/57

The next day, Elvis acted very mysteriously. He asked me to pack some things together and that we will take off first thing in the morning. He refused to answer when I asked him what this was all about. He told me that it was going to be a surprise.

„Your baggage will be picked up.", he informed me.

I didn't understand: „But why can't we take it with us?"

„There won't be enough space for it.", he answered.

Now I was completely confused. Where was he going to take me to?

When we had finished breakfast, Elvis suddenly was in a hurry. I noticed that we didn't have breakfast with the whole team like we used to. I couldn't remember when Elvis and I had breakfast together all alone. Therefore I enjoyed spending time with him and I didn't want to leave.

„We have to go, Idy!", like a little boy he impatiently pulled the sleeve of my blouse.

„Okay, okay, I'm ready.", I answered. Elvis was pretty excited and little by little he made me curious.

He literally pushed me out of the hotel and on the street. I noticed a motorcycle, parking right in front of the hotel. It was a Harley Davidson.

„Do you like it?", Elvis asked.

"It's beautiful!"

„Then get up!", he handed me a helmet and got on the bike.

I was confused: „Is that yours?"

"Yep!", he confirmed, "Hold on tight. Our ride will take about five hours."

„Five hours?", I had no clue what he was up to, „Where are we going?"

But he still wouldn't tell me what was going on.

„You will see.", he answered, then he hit the gas and we took off.

We were driving through Nashville and for the first time I had the chance to see all the nice sights of the city. When we drove out of the town, we passed small villages that were located within a very nice, rural scenery. The weather was perfect and I enjoyed to drive along with Elvis, free from any appointments or drama. Every now and then we stopped at a gas station to get gas, drinks and snacks. Most of the time Elvis got recognized by people but they didn't bother us. He signed some autographs, we took some pictures, then we got back on the road. I wished I could go on riding with him until eternity but the day went by so fast and the sun was already about to set. I had no idea where we were. Suddenly we stopped in front of a wrought-iron gate. When Elvis turned the Harley, the gate opened and a man in uniform greeted us.

"Good evening Mr. P.! Welcome home!"

„Good evening George. It's nice to be back.", Elvis answered.

At the end of the road we arrived at a historic mansion. The entrance of the house was fenced by two majestic columns. The property around the house was huge. I smelled flowers, heard the ripple of a creek and the sounds of little squirrels that jumped from treetop to treetop. It was beautiful, a little paradise.

„Welcome to Graceland!", Elvis got off the motorcycle and knightly helped me.

„So this is Graceland.", I marveled at the house. In the light of the setting sun it almost looked like it was sparkling.

„We are home, Idy.", he tenderly pressed his cheek against mine, „Do you like it?"

„It's beautiful!", my eyes tried to catch everything that was still visible in the evening light.

But when we entered the house I was completely speechless. The hall, the stairs, the chandeliers that were hanging like giant icicles from the ceiling, this all took my breath away. The marble floor and the hight of the rooms made it look like a castle in a fairytale. Elvis showed me the entire house. I had the impression that it had no ending. The house was huge and there were numerous rooms. At the end of our tour we entered the living room. It was the most beautiful room in the house. I had never seen something like it. There were mirrors that made the it look even bigger. Elvis seemingly was proud of the house and the interior. He seemed to like that I was completely in awe.

"Usually the house isn't that empty.", he explained, "I have some employees who are taking care of the house, the boys and a few of my relatives live here."

"But where are they today?", I asked.

„Well, the team still is in Nashville. I sent all the others to Las Vegas for the week end. I really wanted to be alone with you at least two days before Charly's wedding.", his eyes sparkled.

„Las Vegas? Really?", I instantly was getting homesick, „I kind of miss Las Vegas.".

„Oh, you would rather be in Las Vegas than here? If that's so..."

„No! I prefer being here with you.", I assured and put my arms around his neck. Elvis smiled.

„Come with me!", he winked and took my hand. Then he brought me to a beautiful, white grand piano that already had caught my eyes the moment we had entered the room. Elvis sat down at the piano and with a gesture he told me to sit down next to him.

This was a very special moment. I was a little nervous, my heart was pounding fast. With his distinctive velvet voice he began to sing "Can't help falling in love". A shiver ran down my spine. Each time he sang, I instantly fell in love with this beautiful man once again. His voice initiated fire works inside my head and when I looked at him he always took my breath away. A dream came true when he suddenly stood up and asked me to dance with him. We were alone in this beautiful mansion. I felt Elvis' warmth and inhaled his scent. In this moment we forgot everything around us. All the stress, the appointments, the mourning of Thomas' death, it all had suddenly disappeared. I wished I had been able to keep this moment forever. My heart was full of joy when I felt Elvis' kisses on my shoulders.

All at once I knew that this was the perfect moment: "Elvis, there is something I need to tell you."

- to be continued-