A New officer (NaraxEcho)

Authors note :So this was requested a while back from TrylynaRie and it's officially done! This story is based on the very first time that Nara meet the 501st and her experience with Echo and how he felt about her. It's not heavily based on them but I hope you enjoy 😊 

They had all been lined up, each shoulder was pressed back firmly with heads at attention. They had been informed that a special officer was joining their ranks. The only problem was that Echo had no idea who it was. Him and Fives had spent the last two weeks trying to figure out who this man might be, yet they were left stumped. Rex had only told them that they were coming from a special training facility and would be permanently placed under General Skywalker's command. Echo stared out towards the door watching Rex and Anakin out of the conner of his eye.

"Who do you think it is" Fives whispered .

"Not sure" Echo replied nervously

Fives let out a sigh and resumed his stance.

Suddenly the doors opened, in walked a heavy armoured arc trooper in blue His shoulders stayed firmly at attention, his very presences commanded respect.

"Company attention" Rex barked.

Everyone in synch stood tall with a salute.

"It's commander havoc, this must be big for him to join our ranks" Fives whispered.

"Quite I'm trying to hear them" Echo mumbled.

Havoc saluted Anakin and nodded to Rex before turning his attention towards the men.

"I bet you are all wondering why I have joined you this evening. I assure you the trooper that will soon join your ranks, has the skills and resilience to help better this battalion"

"It's not him"!?

Fives brows raised

The doors opened and in stepped a girl. She wore a black body suit with a black chest plate. On her arms and legs where black with blue swirls leg and arm guards. Her brown hair was tightly twisted into a bun at the nape of her neck. She held her shoulders at attention and walked with such grace. Her brown eyes stayed forward as the company stood perplexed.

"Gentleman" havoc gestured towards the girl " I What want you to meet your new officer"

Echo flinched so fast Fives could have sworn his brother had broken his back from whip lash. His cheeks were lit so red that he was worried Echo might pass out. Rex caught onto echo weird expression and gave his brothers a raised brow, earning no response.

**********

"General it will be an honour to serve you, I here I owe you a great debt"

Anakin smiled "you owe me nothing, this is captain Rex my second in command"

Rex nodded "pleasure to meet you ....."

"Nara ,sergeant Nara" she smiled.

"Nice to meet you Nara" Rex grinned.

**************

"It's a girl" Fives yelled as the two meet up with Rex. They had been dismissed and were told to assume their duties.

"Yes, and"?

"And you never told us it's a she"

"Well I told you what you need to know"

Fives huffed.

"He's right Fives" Echo stated " protocol says.."

"I don't give a damn what protocol says Echo! it would have been nice to know it was a girl"