Chapter 15: The Disturbance

Heather Chandler's POV

It was 1 a.m. and Veronica was asleep next to me, but I couldn't fall asleep. I heard the door open so I closed my eyes, I was guessing it was our nurse so I at least had to act like I was sleeping. I heard them close the door and then flick on the light switch. I was starting to question if this was our nurse, she had never done anything like this when it was this late.
I felt someone shake Veronica awake and then heard her scream. I opened my eyes and there stood Jason Dean. He had his hand over Veronica's mouth and a gun in the other hand. He then looked at me.

He held the gun up to Veronica's head. What he said was whispered. "Either if you scream, I'll blow Veronica's brains out."

I saw the door open, the nurse peaked her head in and then quickly closed the door.

"Did you two know that I'm the one who blew up the school? You know I put Heather in the hospital on purpose." Then he looked at Veronica. "I just got lucky with you ending up here." He smiled, the gun was still against Veronica's head. "Drain Cleaner. That's what I used. I couldn't let the demon queen die in an explosion. I wanted to personally kill you. Just because you took Veronica away from me." He looked back over at Veronica. "V you choose the wrong person, because now you both are gonna die." I saw a single tear run down Veronica's cheek. "If you would have chosen me then we would have ran off together, far away from here. We could have rode my motorcycle up to Seattle. But no you didn't choose me." Veronica was shaking. I could tell she was trying to hold back a panic attack. But at that moment I saw the door open again. Very quietly almost a dozen police officers walked in.

"Jason Dean you're under arrest." He turned around and put his hands up.

Under his breath I swore I heard him say "oh for f*cks sake, I never get to have any fun." Three of the cops walked him out and the rest left. Well all but one of them.

"Are you two ok?" I nodded. "Don't worry, he won't bother you anymore. He's going to prison." And then he left. Veronica's eyes met mine and that's when she broke. The tears started to pour out of her eyes. She was violently shaking, I brought her into my arms and just let her cry. That's when tears started to run down my face, she held onto my waist and we sat there crying in each other's arms for what felt like hours.