Chapter 19: School

⚠️ Trigger Warning, this chapter uses homophobic slurs ⚠️

Heather Chandler's POV

Veronica and I were sitting in the parking lot. of our new school, in my Porsche. "Hey Ronnie, am I aloud to be mean today, just to put people in there place?"

She giggled. "I never said you had to stop being mean. But since you're going to be mean does that mean I get to flirt with you all day, just so the boys know you're off limits?" I nodded.

We got out of the car and walked up to the school doors. I grabbed her hand and said, "Welcome back to hell Ronnie." Then I pushed open the door. Everyone was starring, but I couldn't figure out if it was because we were new, holding hands, or if they knew we were gonna run this school. We quickly made our way to the office so we could get our schedules.

We weren't there long, they handed each of us a paper and asked if we needed a tour of the school. While this school was bigger than Westerburg we politely declined. We walked out of the office and straight to the bathroom.

"Is this gonna be just like Westerburg?" Veronica asked.

"In what way?"

"The stairs and the pointing and the name calling."

I nodded. "But we do have some power, they've heard of what we're like."

A girl walked in, I glared at her and then she left.

"See." We both walked over to the door, I waited till Veronica looked at me. I held her chin up and smiled at her. "Stand tall and keep your chin up." She smiled back at me, I grabbed her hand again and pushed open the door.

This time I heard the whispering too, and I saw the pointing.

"Are they dÿkes?"

"F@gs"

These were the two main ones I heard. I knew this made Veronica uncomfortable so I started walking faster. Eventually we made it to our first period and we sat down next to each other in the back of the classroom. I saw Veronica take out a note book, I watched her doodle in it.

A middle aged woman walked in. "Hello, I hope all of you had an amazing break, before we get started we actually have two students who transferred from another school." She made eye contact with me and then motioned for us to get up. I stood up and so did Veronica she grabbed my hand and we walked to the front of the room. I heard the whispering but I just ignored it. When we got up there Veronica hid behind me. "This is Heather Chandler and Veronica Sawyer from Westerburg High."

"Dÿkes!" A boy in the front row shouted.

"Austin!" The teacher yelled.

Veronica had already ran out the door and I followed her. I ran to her and grabbed her hand, right away she threw herself into my arms. She was crying, I felt a tear run down my cheek too but I quickly wiped it away. "I'm gonna beat him up. He's awfully scrawny, I could take him-"

"No, Heather don't."

"He deserves it!"

She just looked at me and nodded.

"Come on, we need to go back to class." I told her then I wiped away her tears and we walked back. We went straight back to our seats, Veronica sat there doodling with her head down. The bell rang and we walked out of the room hand in hand. I saw that Austin kid and followed him. I tapped on his shoulder and the second he turned around Veronica socked him in the nose.