Chapter 31: After Prom

⚠️ Trigger Warning: This chapter mentions miscarriages ⚠️

Heather Chandler's POV

They did a couple tests on her and when they walked back in the first thing they said was "miscarriage" I couldn't believe what I was hearing, how did this happen? I looked at Veronica and she had gone numb.

Before I knew it she was being wheeled out of the room. I followed until they wouldn't let me anymore. I walked back to the room and sat down in a chair.

I woke up to Veronica being wheeled back in. I waited till the nurse left and then I walked over to my poor girlfriend. She moved over so I got in the small hospital bed with her. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a kiss on top of her head, "I'm sorry" She looked up at me and I saw huge tears start to fill her eyes. Then she started to break down, "Hey, you're ok, we're ok, everything's gonna be fine." She started to shake her head, "Yes it is."
She looked down and then moved in closer to me. I felt so bad, since September she had gone through so much and then you add this on top of it. If I could I would take this all away from her, but I know I can't. I looked down again and she had fallen asleep. She looked so peaceful, her cheeks and nose were still a light shade of red.

I didn't get much sleep that night and neither did Veronica, she kept waking up and I thought I should probably stay up, just in case.

The nurse walked in and told us that we could leave whenever. So when Veronica was ready I took her out to the car and sat her in the passenger seat. Then we drove home, when we got there my sister was the only one there so we were in the clear. I helped Veronica walk up to my room and then I sat her down on the bed. I walked over to my phone and called Mac. She would be here in 10 minutes, I just needed help. I didn't want her to be alone to long but there were also some things that I needed to do, like cook lunch. I sat down next to her and she snuggled up to me. "I love you." After I said that I saw a small smile spread across her but it quickly vanished.

I heard the door open downstairs and soon enough I saw Mac standing in front of me. "Ok, you stay with Veronica, I'm gonna go make us lunch or something."

"No, you stay with her, I'll go make lunch. What do you want?" I looked over at Veronica, she shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know, just whatever you want." Mac nodded and then left the room.

I looked down at Veronica and she looked so worn out. I watched her close her tired eyes and then after almost 10 seconds they threw themselves open again. She did this for at least 15 minutes before actually falling asleep. Today she was sleeping with the dopiest grin on her face. Eventually the grin turned to a frown and she started to shake. "Hey, wake up." I shook her some, then her eyes opened and tears started flowing.