#18

Song of the Chapter: Always by my Side by Ariana Gallagher

Anna's POV

The doctor had cleared me to go home. I just need to come back in 2 weeks to get the stitches removed. Because Gerard had stopped tour so abruptly, everyone was asking questions and I mean EVERYONE. Fans, family that didn't know what happened, Frank too. All Frank knew was that I was sick and Gee had to come see me. Thankfully Gee didn't tell them what I did. But I didn't expect to come home and 10 minutes later have Frank jump on my bed. Thankfully I had a hoodie on so he couldn't see the bandage.

"Are you ok? Gee just said that tours on hold because something happened to you and he wouldn't tell us what he just left."
"I'm ok Frank, sorry that I dragged Gee away from you and your tour."
"Come downstairs with us." He unknowingly grabs my bandaged wrist. I yelp in pain and he quickly drops my arm.
"Anna oh my gosh I'm so sorry. Are you ok? I didn't know I grabbed you so hard. I'm sorry."
"It's ok Frank, you didn't know/don't know."
"Uh what?"
I roll up my hoodie sleeve to reveal the white bandage.
"Anna, wha- are you- uhh."
"I'm ok, don't worry it wasn't an attempt. I just went too far. I'm ok. That's why Gee came, I think dad was scared that it was an attempt."
Frank just looks at me.
"Frank?" I say cautiously. He engulfs me in a gigantic hug. He hugs me silently for a good 5 minutes.
"Frank?" I repeat.
"I love you Anna please don't hurt yourself."

"Anna!?"
"Yes dad!?"
"We are going to get food, come downstairs!"
"Okie!"

Frank and I go downstairs.
"What's happening?" I ask.
"We're going to have lunch and all you've had for the last 2, 3 days is hospital food. So I thought it would be nice."
"Can Frank come?"
Dad laughs.
"Yes, Gee is coming too."
"Yay!"
They all laugh at my childish behaviour. We pile into the car; Mum in the passenger seat, dad driving and Frank, Gerard and me in the back.

We get to this restaurant and walk in. Thankfully it was casual because I was in ripped jeans and a hoodie.
"What does miss A want?" Frank says.
"Uh just a salad please."
"You sure that's all?" Dad asks and I nod.

Brendon's POV

I watch Anna just pick at her salad, she looked so defeated by this small meal. Walking into that bathroom killed me, I was so scared I was going to lose her because the cuts were so deep. Sarah grabs me hand under the table and rubs it in a comforting way. I give her a small smile and we go back to eating. I was so thankful for Gee and Tyler. They flew over from Ohio and Florida. Gee put tour on hold just to be with her, much to their management's annoyance. The rest of MCR didn't know why he put tour on hold apparently he just left. All they knew was that Anna was sick and Frank was obviously worried because he came over a soon as we got home from the hospital. I don't know if Anna told him or not, I wasn't going to because that was her choice. Gerard told me, shamefully, that he yelled at James after he apparently ran out after Anna told him about everything. I was getting angry at James but Gee quickly assured me that it was all good and he just ran out because he was scared, not because he didn't want to be with her.

"Dad, I'm full." She says and I look at her bowl.
"Anna please eat some more." Gerard says before I could. She sighs and moves her fork around the bowl, tossing the salad. I sigh, I knew she wasn't going to eat any more and by the time the rest of us had finished, I knew I was correct I think she ate maybe a lettuce leaf in that time.
"It's ok A," I say, "it's ok." She smiles thankfully at me.

I drive Gerard and Frank to the airport. I knew Gee hated leaving Anna but I assured him I would call him if something happened. Gee and Frank hugged Anna.
"I love you Anna, please, please, please don't hurt yourself." Frank says quietly, but loud enough that I heard.
"I won't." She chokes up and hugs Gee who doesn't say anything, unless it was so quiet only A heard.
"I'm going to miss you guys."
"It's ok, you can message or call us ok?"
She nods.
"Just don't do anything crazy." Frank says, ruffling her head.
"I won't. I promise."