•Chapter Twenty-Five•

Playlist// Colorado Sunrise - 3Oh!3

~*~

*Greyson's P.O.V.*

My body trembled with fear as heat over rid me. The sweet mist of smoke flew around me taunting me, telling me that was what was left of my home.

I was alone. No Carl, no Nora, Im just the same as where I started, except now I have a broken heart to help decorate the pain.

I look up just as a huge dust of smoke comes crawling from behind me. The look in my eye was devious, revengeful. I wanted everyone who made this happen to die.

My chest hurt knowing one of the employees of the Governor was my sister.

She helped this happen. She destroyed my home.

This is another reason I don't let people in. I never like someone like Carl. They all end up dead, just like my family and friends.

My weakened state was no reason for me to stay on this ground forever.

I hear a motor from the right of me. A motorcycle. A shadow drives through all the smoke and right for me.

I ponder if this was going to be the end of me, or the reason I survive. It could be someone ready to run me over, or someone ready to help me onto the bike.

I'd prefer the latter.

When the persons identity become clear, I realize my fate.

"Hop on." The rusty old man who curses, drinks, and is the most badass man I know.

Daryl Dixon.

~*~

*Carl's P.O.V.*

"Grey!" I scream as the shooting dies down. Dead bodies decorated the concrete, most of them being the assholes who created this whole disaster.

"Carl!" I hear my dad call out, his accent showing in my name. "Carl where are you!" I clench my teeth but decide my dad was all I had left.

"Dad!" I call, coughing after inhaling the smoke. I wave my arm around, clearing the bit of smoke that got in my way.

When my vision is clear I see my dad staring at something to the left of me. I travel over to him, wrapping him in a hug. I knew I wasn't alone, which is what would keep me alive.

I look at what my dad was so intrigued by. He wouldn't look away, not even to look at me.

I look down and see a gun, a piece of cloth, and blood everywhere. I examine the cloth thinking of who could wear a blue plaid shirt.

____________

I look to my right and stare at Grey who looks like she had just seen a ghost. I admire what might be the last time I see her. Her bright blue/grey eyes. Her brown hair.

She grabs at her blue plaid over shirt and fastens it over herself.

__________

Grey. It was Grey's shirt. A piece of it anyway.

Blood was surrounding every inch of the concrete around those two items.

I felt as if something had stabbed right through me. The realization hurt way more than I thought it would. I didn't cry, only because I couldn't move. My body was frozen in place, staring at the items that screamed Greyson's name.

I hear a groan beside me, signifying something I knew so well. I flinched my head over, afraid to take my eyes off of the only things left of Greyson.

The Walker growled and reached out for me as inching it's way towards me. My dad looked at it, noticing that we were still in a walker infested world.

I get out my gun and cock it, not hesitating to shoot it.

And shoot it. And shoot it. And shoot it. And shoot it. And shoot it.

Over and over again my bullets fire out of my gun until that round was over. I wail out a cry, still cocking and shooting out air. My dad grabs me from behind, embracing me in a hug as my body shakes with fear. I hunch over, letting all my emotions spill out.

I lost my home. I lost Grey. I lost my family.

Everything was gone. Everything that was worth living for was taken from me with just a snap of the Governors fingers.

"Carl," my dad says, wheezing out a breath. "Carl, where's Judith." Another disaster was brought up. Where was my little sister?

"I don't know." I whine in between sobs. I bend over, my arms resting on my knees, and cry. Every tear I had kept in after Grey left. After Shane died. After mom died. They all spilled out, threatening to take my breath away.

"Judith!" My dad calls out as if she'll come crawling out from the prison with a gun and a bloody knife.

"Dad," I cry. He still runs around, searching. He couldn't exactly run, due to his injuries, but he tried. "Dad stop." I sob as he falls to his knees.

Now, my dad was crying. My dad never cries. He was feeling what I was. He's lost everything as well. Everything he's fought so hard to get.

"Let's go." My dad finally says, picking himself up off the concrete. I look straight past him, seeing the basketball court Grey and I had talked on. We shared everything on that court. That's when I knew I liked Greyson. Not after she left, not when I kissed her. Right then.

We made it to the top of a hill that was constructed around a mile away from the front of the prison. I helped my dad as he limped around.

"Don't look back, Carl." He said, using me for support.

Right then was the only time I listened to my dad.

I didn't look back, for it would hurt too much to see the place where I grew up. Where I finally became a man.

And where I fell in love.

~*~

HEY GUYSS

so last night I watched If I Stay and

don't watch if I stay

SADDEST THING EVER OK

I was going insane on twitter with reaction pictures

@hugebootymatt I dare you to go see

And follow me while you're there halla

SO I WATCHED LETS BE COPS AND I WAS TWEETING ABOUT IT AND THIS DUDE KEPT FAVORITING MY TQEETS AND I WAS LIKE TF DUDE CLINGLY AF

THEN I LOOKED AT WHOLR IT WAS

the dude was in the fucking movie

HE WAS THE ADORABLE LITTLE BOY THAT WAS FRIENDS WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER AND HE WAS LILE FAV FAVTAV

I'm not so bright ok

You're beautiful.

Don't be a zombie.

BYE NARWHALSSS!!!