Three Words

"Feeling any better?" Scott asked

"I think I'm hungry?"

"Oh? What do you want?"

"Did you say you had oatmeal?"

Scott came over and felt Ryan's cheeks. The fever seemed to be gone, and the thermometer confirmed it! It was still best to proceed with caution, but his relief was plain to see. Scott happily cleared the table off and prepared a packet of instant oatmeal, inviting Ryan to come and eat. Scott himself hadn't had lunch yet, so he heated up some leftover Chinese and joined him.

Ryan thanked Scott for the food, then made sure to eat very slowly. After the first bite, he was sure he was definitely hungry. In fact, his stomach loudly protested against being made to wait, which earned a good-natured chuckle from Scott.

"I'm so glad you're feeling better."

"Me too. I'm sorry I've taken up such a huge chunk of your weekend. I mean, it's Saturday. I'm sure you have more important things to do besides watching over me. Or, things you'd rather be doing..."

Scott took Ryan's free hand in his, and looked deep into his boyfriend's eyes.

"You ARE important!" he insisted, "And snuggling with you on the couch? Best feeling ever! I LIKE spending time with you! Even like this."

"Wouldn't you have rather played some video games instead?" Ryan objected shyly.

"You feeling up to some player two shenanigans?"

After they ate, Scott insisted Ryan try to drink some more. Hydration being important to recovery and all. They ended up playing Portal, since Scott wanted to limit the excitement and Ryan already knew how to play. They sat side by side on the couch, shoulder to shoulder, legs touching. This was the kind of Saturday Scott could get used to. Pajamas, video games, and Ryan all to himself. He kept watch over Ryan from the corner of his eye, wanting to monitor any changes and make sure he didn't start feeling bad again.

They played for a few hours. Ryan was actually genuinely enjoying himself. Sure, the day got off to a rocky start, but he decided he liked playing video games with his boyfriend. He decided he really liked this one, too. The characters were so cute!

It was getting close to dinner time, and right as Scott decided to call it quits, Ryan's stomach growled quietly. They settled on salad, as Ryan really didn't want to think about sandwiches for a while and Scott didn't want him eating anything too greasy yet. It was something Scott would have to go pick up, so Ryan bummed the use of his shower while he was gone. He vaguely remembered maybe having one yesterday, but in all honesty, the past few days were kind of blurry. He didn't like to go more than a day without showering, it made him feel gross.

Scott had washed Ryan's clothes that morning, so he had something clean to change into. Scott himself changed out of his PJs to go on the food run, then left Ryan alone with a quick goodbye kiss, insisting that if anything went wrong to call him and that he'll be right back. Just like that, Ryan was completely alone in Scott's apartment.

It was almost lonely. Scott's place was almost five times the size of his. He tried not to dwell on it, instead focusing on getting cleaned up before Scott got back. Ryan decided he really liked Scott's bathroom. The shower was huge, and he had one of those shower heads with a bunch of different settings on it. He knew he couldn't linger, even though he kinda wanted to. Still, being clean again felt great. It was almost like a recharge after the past few days. He was vigorously trying to dry his hair with one of Scott's huge fluffy towels, when he heard Scott announce his return.

Coming home to see his boyfriend clean and happy, clad in nothing but a t-shirt, underwear, and collar sent Scott's heart fluttering. He was so glad Ryan was feeling better. He set the food on the table and insisted on helping Ryan finish with his hair. He liked playing with it. It was so fluffy and soft...