Chapter 37- Soulful Beauty

**Demi's POV**
I am fucking terrified. I try and compose myself, when I hear the piano, I calm down and really feel the music.

This is a really intimate performance, and it's emotional, but I need to hold back my tears and not screw up my vocals.

Skies are crying, I am watching
Catching teardrops in my hands
Only silence, as it's ending
Like we never had a chance
Do you have to make me feel like
There's nothing left of me?
My voice slightly cracks of the last line, I'm holding back my tears.

You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper

As the smoke clears, I awaken
And untangle you from me
Would it make you, feel better
To watch me while I bleed?

My voice goes slightly strained, luckily not that noticeable. I feel wetness on my cheek when I sing that line. Shit. It makes me feel that urge I have to fight against to cut. I try to ignore and hide the fact that line impacted me so much.

All my windows still are broken
But I'm standing on my feet

You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper

Go run, run, run
I'm gonna stay right here,
Watch you disappear
Yeah-oh, go run, run, run
Yeah, it's a long way down
But I am closer to the clouds up here

The last 2 lines has a very hidden, but powerful meaning. I nearly tried to jump off a cliff before my sister Dallas stopped me, these were the words I mumbled. I have tears running down my face and I'm trying to keep my vocal control after singing that line.

You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper, oh-oh
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground

Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper
(Like a skyscraper)
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper

Everyone stands up and applauded me, I lock eyes with Simon and his eyes are red, he must of been crying.

Holy shit, Simon never cries! Is he disappointed? I feel the heat of my tears lingering on my cheeks, I want to wipe them but the one main thing your told on TV, is to not wipe your tears.

I flinch when I feel someone's arm go around my back, that's when I realise it's just Nick Cannon, the host.
NC - Nick Cannon
NC-"Wow, wow, wow! What did you guys think of that?" Everyone cheered and it really warmed my heart.
S-"Demi Lovato, I had no idea you were capable of singing to this degree! I am so proud of you, how you put your whole heart and soul into this, I don't know. I've never in my life time heard a song be sung with so much emotion. It harms me to say this, but Demi Lovato you were sensational."

The other judges were lovely and said lovely things, but I was really taken aback by Simon, how nice of him.
NC-"We're going to reveal who is being sent home!" That was my cue to walk off.

I feel the arms of 7 people wrap around me, I feel safe. I look up to see all of their makeup stained with tear tracks, Kris is still balling. I walk over to Kris and give her a really big hug.
Kr-"Sorry, there was just so much pain in your voice, and I think of you as like a 6th daughter." I just hug her tighter.

We all go to the dressing room and we all sit on the sofas. I hear sound from the TV and then it's quickly paused, we all look at Kelly C because she's controlling it from her phone.
KC-"So.. I found this video on YouTube, which I think Britney will enjoy. Dem I think you were like 11," she presses play and I realise what this is.

(Imagine her being like 11)
D-"Kellyyyy" I go over and try to get the phone off her, but Kim just grabs my by the waist onto her lap so I can't move to try and get Kelly's phone. She's laughing so hard and all I'm thinking is about how heavy I must be on her lap. I start squirming around but that just makes her pull my closer making everyone laugh.
B-"Demiiii how cute were you!"
KC-"Personally I don't think that was as cute as her singing my song 'The Trouble With Love'." All of the judges had seen the video of Demi singing Kelly's song, but the Kardashians hadn't.
Ki-"What! We need to see this!"
Ko-"Yeah" Kelly C found it on her phone and put it on.

(Imagine she was like 11)
Ki-"Holy shit girl you really have a voice," I hide my face in Kim's neck because I'm embarrassed.
Kr-"No wayy, how can she sing like that at like 11!"
Kh-"Dem, wow. I knew you could sing, but Jesus!"
KR-"I know she's so fucking talented!"

We all lounge about in the dressing room.
KC-"I can't wait to start filming the X Factor guys!"
KR-"Yeah we start in 2 days!"
B-"How are your guys acts doing?"

We've been coaching our acts while the auditions have been airing, because the auditions are prerecorded and the live shows are live, so we've had to wait a while. We make our ways home and we all text each other, and I make sure to text Niall.

**Texts with Niall**
From Nialler <3:
Holy shit Demsy u sang so well! I'm so proud of u xx
To Nialler <3:
Awww thanks Ni! Was it too much, because I like cried and made it overly emotional? xx
From Nialler <3:
No! Not in the slightest it was so raw, and beautiful coming from a beautiful voice, and a beautiful person<3 xx

My cheeks heat up and I smile so big at my phone, I don't realise Khloé looking over my shoulder.
Kh-"OMG DEMS HE IS SUCH A CUTIE HE CALLED YOU BEAUTIFUL AWWW HES SO FLIRTING WITH YOUUU!"
D-"Khlo! Shhhh!" Kris comes in with Kim.
Kr-"Who called who beautiful and who's flirting?"
D-"I- uhhh.. called Khloé beautiful?"
Kr-"And you were flirting? I don't think so. Who said that to you Dems?"
D-"Nobody was flirting with me."
Kh-"Yeah, sure, if that's what you want to believe."
Ki-"What did Niall say to make you blush THIS hard?" She points at my cheeks and laughs.

Khloé grabs my phone and reads out the text.
Kh-"Dem asked if her performance was 'too much' then he replied 'No! Not in the slightest it was so raw, and beautiful coming from a beautiful voice, and a beautiful person, heart emoji, kiss, kiss, kiss'"
Kr-"Aww that is so frickin adorable Dems you should so go for him, I approve."

**Khloé's POV**
While we're all teasing Dem about Niall, I get three separate texts from all of the other judges, oh shit.