Food Isn't Essential.

I wanted to go to the lake to my favorite spot and put my feet in the water and relax. The ground leading into the water is paved so I sit on it and lay back.
"So. Who assigned you to me? God?"
He laughs.
"No. I'm a fallen angel, but still a guardian. God let me keep my wings, usually he rips them from the angels and throw them down to earth as a punishment, but it was different for me. I was sent by the Devil, believe it or not."
I sit up and look at him. Did I just hear him right?
"I'm sorry, the Devil? Why does he know me?"
He shrugs.
"Not sure, but I can't fail my duties."
He looks down at the ground with his arms resting on his knees, touching the ground.
"Ah. What happens if you don't follow them?"
"You die. For me, my wings get ripped off and I suffer torture."
I look down at my legs and feel my legs, wincing at the bruises on my legs.
"I understand."
He looks at me.
"Where all are you hurt?"
I look at him.
"Um. Every where to be honest. My guardian did a number on me last night. I assume you know she beats me and tortures me."
He shakes his head yes.
"I can take your cuts and bruises away, if you want."
I look at him, debating.
"No, no. If my guardian sees she'll question me. Plus, no one pays attention to me or asks. I'm used to it."
I frown.
"I'm sorry."
He looks at me and I nod.
"It's alright. It isn't your fault. It's life."
I get up and dust myself off. Jungkook gets up and practically towers over me.
"You're really fucking tall."
"Don't you women like that in a guy? I know guys prefer short girls."
I smirk. Is he flirting? That's pretty hot.
"You're not wrong. You do see all the girls swoon over you, right? You're tall, fine as hell, and I bet built. And you have tattoos and you seem like a badass, girls love that."
We walk away from the lake. I debate on going to the park or home. My guardian won't be home for a few days for a business trip, that means I need to get food. Fuck.
"I need to go to the store, but I have to run by my house to pick up my money."
He nods and we walk to my house.
I grabbed one hundred dollars from my money that I saved and we head to the grocery store.  I grab eggs, bread, peanut butter, strawberry jelly, sliced cheese, meat, frozen pizzas, pizza rolls, barbeque chips, ravioli and spaghetti O's. I check out and I spent forty bucks. Not bad. I can call an Uber to take me home so I don't carry the bags.
Jungkook helps me with the bags as I call for an Uber on my phone. The Uber arrives and we put the groceries in the trunk and Jungkook and I sit in the back. We arrive at my house and I pay the Uber thirty dollars plus a ten dollar tip.
"Thank you! Have a nice day!" I say.
Jungkook and I get the groceries and head inside. Jungkook hasn't really spoken, he's very quiet, which I find annoying.
"Do you eat food? Or can you survive without it?"
I put the stuff up as he leans against the kitchen counter.
"I can survive without it but I still like to eat."
I laugh.
"Food is pretty good. My guardian rarely gets food for the house, she eats before she gets home, or just doesn't feed me, so I save up my money from my two jobs for food and other essentials."
I finish putting up the groceries and just stand in the middle of the kitchen. Jungkook is staring at me. I blush.
"Ah. Well. I'm going to change, so, stay down stairs, please."
"Awe, I can't come with?"
He smiles wide and I laugh.