My Walls Have Fallen

We sit downstairs making brownies and cookies.
"Ah. Well. This wasn't what I had in mind or thought you meant, but I do enjoy baking."
I make an O shape with my mouth while stirring the brownies mix.
"And what exactly did you have in mind, Kookie?"
I look over and see him blush. He's forming the cookie dough and sticking them onto a pan.
"Exactly."
I laugh and he flicks some cookie dough at me, hitting the side of my cheek. I turn to him and laugh.
"Oh really?"
I grab the spoon out of the brownies mix and flick the brownies mix off the spoon, hitting him in the chest. He smiles and grabs left over cookie dough and throws it at me, along with sugar.
We laugh and start throwing food at each other. He has chocolate mix all over him, some even in his hair, yet he still looks so good. I wish! We make our way around the kitchen counter and as I walk backwards I trip, landing on my ass.
I laugh while Jungkook gets to my level, chuckling to himself.
"So, did I win?"
I shove him backwards, but he remains on his feet, still crouched. I get back up and dust my clothes off. I feel the cookie dough sticking to my face and smell the sugar all over me. I sigh and roll my eyes.
"And now I need to shower."
I smile at him, joking around. He cocks his head to the side and just stares at me.
"You're pretty."
He caught me off guard and I blush.
"Thanks."
We look at each other for a second and then I break eye contact, turning to walk upstairs. He grabs my arm and turns me around. He looks at me and holds my arms close to my body. We're close to each other, too close. What does he want.
He starts to lean down, and I think, is he going to kiss me? What? Do I want this? Of course I want this. He hesitates as he gets closer to my lips. He was holding my face, and then he let go.
"Uh... I'm-I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me."
He rubs the back of his neck and I look down. I did want him to kiss me though, but he's such a tease. I look up as Jungkook looks surprised. Oh, wait, can he read minds. Oh no! No! I blush and shake my head, turning around and going upstairs.
I hop in the shower and think over what just happened. I do really enjoy his company, and, I have a feeling he doesn't mind me. I mean, we live together. Does he like me? Do I like him back? What does that mean? What do I do? What happens if we do like each other, what if he wants to date? What if I want to date him? Is that even allowed?
I get out of the shower and go into my room to change into better clothes. My mind is full of questions, mostly about Jungkook and us.
I sigh and head back downstairs.
"I had so much sugar in my hair. Now it's your turn, Kookie."
He cleaned up the mess in the kitchen and out the goodies in the oven. He still is messy but he washed off the stuff of his face. He still has chocolate in his hair. I walk over to him and smile.
"You can read minds, can't you?"
I ask. I feel my heart pounding in my chest.
He looks at me.
"Sometimes. You were hard to read at first but, when you let your walls down, I can read your mind, but sometimes I'll just hear someone's thoughts around me. Trust me, the girls at our school are nasty, same with a few boys."
I nod my head, wondering if I should be mad. I reconsider it and smile.
"As long as you don't force yourself into my head we'll be fine. But, I assume you know my feelings towards you. Whether or not they change... is difficult. But, whatever! Different topic before I get an anime nose bleed!"
He laughs and tells me he's going to shower. He walks up the stairs and I sit on the couch, scrolling through Netflix to find a good movie or series.
I can't get my mind off of him now. I want to ask so many questions, but, would he even answer them. He does know my feelings towards him now, but he didn't protest about them. What does that mean?