Geyl | 13. Punch and Kick

Punch and Kick
Geyl's POV

"Agent Dion was killed and now, I'll handle this training!"

Lahat kami ay nakahilera, nakatayong tuwid, at taas noo. Walang nagpakita sa amin ng kahit na anong reaksyon. Lalo na't ang babaeng nasa harapan namin ay muntikan na kaming patayin.

In midst of our sleep, nagising kami sa ingay and we just knew . . . she  threw a grenade. All of us, on quick, we went outside the house.  We were still on our panjamas. Halos magkayakap kaming lahat sa takot and fortunately it didn't blast but annoyed to find out, its just a prank! A task! A morning task!

Walang kahit anong nangyari. She just smirked that time, and gave us five minutes to prepare ourselves.

"Now, in this training. I want you to experience punching and kicking. I want you to know the basic in guns and gun firing. So, there are some of you, who knew a lot of this," she glanced at Rougue. "Some of you already trained like this."  Three of us, Roman, Standey, and I went through like this.

"Rougue will be exempted in punching and kicking. He'll go at gun firing range. Girls at this side and the two boys will be at this area. Move now!"

And there was a complete setting, a wide place to go on training. We, girls, practiced punching in the air while the two boys praticed kicking with different style and different degrees. Rougue, walked for meters--- far from this place for  gun firing practice.

Nagsimula na rin kami. Ang babaeng agent ay sa aming babae unang nagpokus.

"Girls, go look at me. This is the right punch." She showed us on how. "Don't forget to guard your head and stomach.  Let your eye stay focused on your opponent.  Use the hand... that you are used to," wika niya at napatango kami. " Full force hmm? Use the energy from your elbow and wrist to support every punch."

And we did it, I got it right but Jenyi and Hzanny did it wrong. I saw the awkward position they are doing.

"Bend your foot forward. You girls should know how to punch. I'm teaching you at least to have knowledge. We have more things to teach you kiddos. "

We tried it many times. Hzanny got it after few hours of sweat.

"Try it on the punching bug. "

We did it many times until we found ourselves comfortable doing it.

After that punching like a kangaroo, she assist us, punching on something on her hand and tummy. We just need to memorize the action and the move . . .  but at least we have this actual punch on person's buddy. Na-train din ang speed namin. 

After that, we went to the boys that.... Apparently, they were still kicking on the bag hanging. Roman and Standey are flexible. They did awesome turn as they kick.

"Girls you need some stretching," the woman agent said. Sadly, she didn't mention her name to us.

We did stretching, we sat on the ground laying our legs straightly. We need to face the ground with that position. Between on my legs was my face and my chest was leaning to the ground.  Our hands should reach our feet.

"I can't," Hzanny started to cry as she was trying to lean on the ground.

"Shit. Stretching namin 'to sa cheerdance eh," rinig kong bulong ni Jenyi.

Napasigaw naman ako ng daganan ang likod ko ng babae at tuluyan na ngang naabot ang lupa.

"Hey! We are not athlete or somethin'," angal ni Standey. Tiningnan pa n'ya ako nang may pag-aalala.

We did many stretching. As we finally kick in not so high object.

Oh! Sobrang sakit. Lahat ng parte ng katawan ko ay masakit.

"You should target face, neck, nape, stomach, and chest but in your kick, there's only one thing that you can reach."

"A dick," I said.

"There you said it, kick them into their weakness."

I just glance at the two boys, who are halted in watching some kicks and techniques in a small screen. We only have one agent at a time, so videos would help too.

"Kaya ko 'yon! Let's go to the shooting," Hzanny interrupted the moment.

Boys went to the  place where Rougue in but we girls, watches some tricks in kicking and something the  we can do using our legs.

"I think I can do this . . . right. It's easy. "

Two of them tried  to do it while me, I'm trying to kick as high as I can.

"Not bad, more than a right angle," Hzanny uttered as she put a thing on her leg. There was a black strap in her leg where should a little knife settled but instead of a knife she put a lollipop.

"I want to fire a gun na," usal pa n'ya.

Napatigil naman ako sa kakasipa sa ere at napatingin sa kanya. I decided to ask about Baril-thingy nila.

"Hey, Hzanny. Did you really kill your family?" I asked.

Napatingin siya sa 'kin at napatulala. Nang matauhan ay, "No way!" Napatayo pa s'ya. "About that baril, oo ate, it's a gun but it's just--- just, I don't know how it works. I know it pero kumplikado . . .  CAAO explained it and I know its effective.  To kill is cool but it's a no. I kill no one. I will kill no one."

I just nodded at her even if she didn't explain it well.

"Girls!" May binato ang Mentor sa amin.

"Shit! Watch it!" bulyaw ni Jenyi. Nasalo  naman niya ang metal. Tinitigan siya ng Mentor nang masama marahil sa mura niya. Natikom na lang ang bibig ni Jenyi.

"One-kilo."

She just gave me a heavy metal. A rusty heavy metal.

"Doing a mission, hindi niyo alam kung anong sandata ang mapupunta sa inyo. Hammer, baseball bat, gun, axe---there are so many. Hold that---" glaring at the heavy thing "-for so many hours and every weapon you use will seem like a light thing. Later I'll show you a gun and let's see if you can use it well."

So we hold the metal for an hour. May tig-iisa lang  kami at ginamit ko 'yon salitan in both of my hands.

An hour later, the mentor with the boys came. They were holding a gun, I thought we're going to use it but she just introduce different guns and the powder-thingy on it.

"It's already afternoon, we'll continue this tomorrow. Go get some rest."

"Ma'am, Yes, Ma'am."

That's how the end of this long day. I helped Standey in cooking. Jenyi seems so tired, she didn't even reply to Rougue's banters.

Seriously, anong ginawa ni Rougue buong maghapon we, girls,  didn't even saw him?

"Na-miss ko ang mga candies ko."

"Wala ba ritong pain relief patches?" tanong ni Jenyi.

"Sa secret room may small clinic d'on, 'di ba?" tanong ni Rougue.

"Okay, tawagin n'yo ako 'pag kakain na." Paika-ikang lumakad si Jenyi. She typed the password and went to secret room.

"You know guys, we should make name to that secret room. You know what I mean. 'Secret room' is too hackneyed," wika ko. Tumingin akong sa lahat.

"We should make name for our group also!" sigaw ni Hzanny.

Oh, well, I believe it's exciting!

_____