Chapter 33

'Cheers.' We all clinked our glasses together. 

I watched as everyone took big gulps of their drinks that JJ had bought. I didn't plan on getting drunk out of my senses, so I instead just took a sip of my drink, before leaving it on the counter.

'Oh wait, should we record a video for your channel?' Tobi asked. Tobi was sipping on some lemonade, since he didn't plan on getting drunk either.

'It's okay.' I shook my head. 'I can't be arsed to film, anyways.' I laughed.

I walked up to the machine the boys crowding around. It was a claw machine which had plushie henry vacuums inside of it. Out of all the machines, I didn't know why they had gone for the one with henry vacuum toys inside. None the less I watched them try to get a prize.

JJ put a coin into the machine and moved the joystick around. The claw started moving down... down... down. It grabbed onto a henry plushie.

'I fucking smashed it.' He laughed cockily, throwing his hands up and walking in a circle victoriously, before returning to the machine and watching the claw intently.

The henry was about to drop into the part where we can retrieve it, but the slippery plushie fell out of the claw's grasp and back into the bottom of the pit with the rest of the plushies.

'Oh come on!' JJ threw his hands up and walked away from the machine in frustration.

I giggled and looked around, my eyes resting on a little arcade machine with the bright words 'CROSSY ROAD' painted above. I shrugged and slotted a few coins in before taking a sip of my drink, and placing it down besides the machine. 

I pressed the jump button once, twice, thrice. I had reached a road. It was only two jumps across, so I quickly just spammed the jump button. I manoeuvred around the stones in the way of my character's path, and reached a stream. I waited until there was a log with a coin on it, and jumped onto that, collecting the coin. I jumped onto the other 3 logs that were on the stream, before landing on the safe green grass.

 I glanced up at the amount of steps I had taken, which were displayed in the top right corner. 

17. 

That was barely anything.

I played further on, keeping my eyes glued onto the game. I had developed a steady rhythm. jump, wait one and a half seconds, jump, turn either left or right, and then repeat. The programmers had used that as the formula. 

I was fully indulged in the game, when I heard someone say behind me. 'Wow, that's a really high score.' I swung around to see Ethan, looking up in awe at the score displayed on the bright screen. 

Unluckily, whilst I had turning around, I had placed my hand on the jump button, and jumped into the river.

'Fuck. I was doing alright in that.' I cursed, laughing. 

My final score was 238.

Decent.

I looked down at my foot to see tickets coming out of the machine. I shrugged and pocketed them. I was pretty sure that I could use them to buy something, later.

'Hey, who wants to play air hockey?' Vikk called from an air hockey arcade machine.

I looked at Ethan, and we both raced towards the table.

Vikk was standing on one side, Tobi on the other. I ran towards Tobi and Ethan yelled 'How did I get stuck with the shit one!?' in frustration.

I just laughed at him, fist-bumping Tobi. I picked up one of the pushers and put my hand in it.