Chapter 59

The plane was amazing.

JJ and I conversated and caught up over everything that was currently going on, we joked, laughed, drank some champagne that the flight crew offered, and Nia didn't disturb us once. She just sat on her own, glaring at us and looking at her phone.

And when the jet was landing, I was so busy stuck in conversation with JJ, that I didn't even notice or brace myself.

'That was fun.' JJ smiled as we started picking up our backpacks and exiting the jet, going into the airport and getting ready for the next flight.

'It was sick.' I commented as I started walking to the door.

'Next stop England.' JJ cheered.

'I really don't look forward to the ten hour flight.' I groaned.

'It'll be worth it.' JJ said. 'You'll love it at the house.'

'Everyone!' Josh called everyone into a huddle. 'That belt has all of our suitcases on them. Get yours off and go in groups of three through all of the security and meet in our terminal's waiting seat area.' Josh said. 

I nodded and walked with everyone to the belt, watching all of the suitcases going around and around, waiting for mine to appear.

I eventually found my plain, plastic white suitcase, and dragged it off the belt, seeing who I could go through security with.

'Come on, Addie.' Freya and Talia came over and we all jogged to the first security. 

'Here's your ticket.' Freya passed me another ticket.

'Thanks.' I nodded, before a lady compared us to our passport photos and took put our luggage on a second belt where all the suitcases went.

Next were the metal detectors and x-rays for bags.

I went through those with no problems, and we were soon allowed into the main airport were there were food chains, and shops.

'We have half an hour to go duty free shopping before we have to go to our terminal.' Talia read from her phone.

'Greta.' Freya smiled. 'Anyone want to go get some food before we do?' 

'Yes.' I said suddenly. 'Sorry, I only ate pancakes this morning.' I giggled.

'Where does everyone want to go eat?' Freya asked.

'I'm happy to go where everyone else wants to go.' I shrugged.

'Same.' Freya and Talia chorused. 

There was a silence where we all waited for someone to suggest a place to go and eat.

'Should we go get a quick Subway?' I suggested, pointing towards the building with the green and yellow logo.

'Let's go.' Talia nodded, and we all started walking towards shop. 

'Can I have nachos?' I asked the guy at the counter.

'Do you want any sides with that?' He asked, tapping a few buttons on the screen.

'No thanks.' I shook my head.

'Alright, just wait whilst I get that ready.' He opened a packet of Doritos and threw them in a bowl, before turning around and asking me another question. 'What would you like with the nachos?'

'Just mozzarella, and olives, please.' I replied. He sprinkled some mozzarella cheese over the nachos, shovelling out olives from a tub, and chucking them on the machos before pushing the whole dish into a microwave.

I waited for a minute before he pulled the cheesy nachos out.

'That'll be $2.49.' He said, placing the bowl on the counter. I pulled out three dollars from my pocket and handed them over.