Take care

Katsuki followed two more exchanges, from the undercover leader to the asymptomatic results. And there's the white van. He sneered as his work phone vibrated; his check-in calls have been too timely placed.
"If you're gonna follow me, maybe don't use a bright white van!"
  The other line went quiet.

  The last lead he had was the three clients having the same meet time for their refill, without knowing so. That oughta be a show, a grand finale, he scoffed.

***

  At his agency, Eijiro pressed an arrowed shaped button one too many times. He was one elevator ride away from being free. Maybe I should just take the stairs.
  Right as he reached the exit door, the elevator ding'ed and Tamaki came out, spotting him.
Before he could call after him, the door swung Eijiro out of sight. Another twenty minutes of wrapping up paperwork went by before Tamaki sent him a message.
  Want to go for some takoyaki?

  "You've been keeping yourself busy at work." Eijiro could hear the question in Tamaki's statement as he poked around his tray.
  They had ordered from a street vendor and were sitting on a main street bench, lost in the busyness of the sidewalk.
  "Oh yeah, I've had apartment viewings scheduled right after, so.." He was making sure to finish on time to keep his appointments.
  "How's the search going?" Tamaki asked, chasing a rolling octopus ball across his tray.
  Shuddering at the memory of his first creepy experience, Eijiro skipped to today's, "Today's seemed promising.." He quietly watched another ball go left, then right.
  "You seem.. down about having to move..?"
Another statement/question. "Oh, it's just that this has all been sort of sudden, so.. I'm just trying to keep up."
  Eijiro wanted to further help Tamaki's understanding but.. the details were complicated to even understand himself.
  "You were living with a friend..?"
  Eijiro let out a Hah while scratching the back of his neck.
  "I see.." Tamaki knew when to quit. Ah.. one question too many.. "Sorry.."
  Grateful for a turn in conversation, Eijiro asked, "Do you always think up of new ways to manifest while eating?"
  Tamaki, who had mostly kept his eyes down on his food, looked up.
  He had a tired look about him but this seemed normal to Eijiro, his mind blanked trying to anticipate what he'd say next.
  "I would, but I tend to eat the same often, to correlate with my supers. It can get.. boring. I want ice cream."
  There was a sudden aura of despair around Tamaki and Eijiro blinked before laughing a good hearty laugh.
  Normally Tamaki would shrink in the attention but this seemed to be a calculated effort on his part.

  They walked together quietly for a bit. Tamaki was the first to break the comfortable silence.
  "So.. Mirio reminded me that his parents were coming to visit. We're more than happy to house your things so you won't have to deal with storage units.. Just,.. it may be a little crowded in terms of sleeping arrangements the week or so leading up to his birthday. Would you be ok at a hotel til then?"
  Eijiro digested this. "If my stuff wouldn't be in your way, that'd be a great help. You live close to work right? I'm trying to stay close too, so that would make the final move a lot easier as well. Thank you."

***

  Izuku rolled over to Shoto's empty side of the bed. Without needing to look around to verify, he covered his face and frowned. He left.
  Wincing as he sat up, he planned to make tea and start a warm bath. He was too rough..
  Slowly making his way to the kettle, he checked his phone. Surprisingly, there was a message from Shoto. He bit his lip and placed his phone faced down. Let me wake up first.

  Soaking in the bath, he ran a wet hand up his face, clearing his hair out of his eyes. Staring into nothingness, his peripherals replayed steamy action in the space above.
  He let out a whine, then reached over into the pile of clothes by the tub.

  Shoto: Ah, I would've written a proper note, but.. your stationery must have all been packed away already. I didn't want to wake you early if you started that case later.. Which, I really hope you won't. Everything feels off about it.
  Anyways, thank you for sharing your time with me. I'm sorry for coming on too strong, and for not being able to help you more.
  I hope things get easier for you soon, that you can sort things out at your pace and maybe.. maybe we can start over when you're ready. Take care, Izuku.

  Izuku's eyes welled up. He recalled Shoto's pained expression as they last f*cked, it was a goodbye within itself.

  KNOCK Knock knock
  Izuku jumped in his skin before jumping out of the tub. Who-?

***