Squad Pics

"Wait, so your hair is naturally green?!"
  Pfft! Izuku laughed happily. This, of all things, seemed to be the biggest 'deception' of it all.
  "You let me be jealous all this time of how your hair never got damage from over-bleaching!" Noah pouted, as he himself had a history of mishaps.
"And your scars-"
  They walked back up to the house, Izuku elated that they seemed to have taken it all relatively well. Noah was as energetic as ever, Xander accepting though reserved, and Liam seemed occupied.. but okay.
  But how could I have been so careless? I'm never trying any of those 'special' candies ever again!
  Sigh. "Thank you, guys."

  "Izuku!" A horned pink alien-looking young woman quickly closed the gap between them.
  Three unblinking pairs of eyes froze in their tracks.
  Katsuki tch'ed and held out a palm, setting off small explosions. "You're the weirdo ones here."
  *blink x3*
  "Bro. Your English." Kaminari doubled over laughing.
  Three pairs of feet shuffled ever so slightly backward as an eager Kaminari approached them open handed. "Phones. I show you trick."

  As impressed as ever with Mina's ability to make fast friends, Izuku left them to it when Sero arrived. Stepping out quickly to brief him, they walked in together and participated in Mina's sudden need for a photo shoot.
  Izuku then ducked into the kitchen with Katsuki to actually help him this time.
"Thank you for all of this, Kacchan."
Katsuki looked around the entryway before hugging Izuku from behind, watching him shape the last few croquettes.
"We can probably take a break from the kitchen after this." Katsuki's voice on his neck caused Izuku to imitate a turtle retreating into its shell.
Katsuki smirked and spoke again. "Happy Birthday.  I haven't actually said that yet."
Izuku reached behind him to pat a fluffy head before Katsuki stepped around to cut fruit.
This is bad. I'm starting to hope Eijiro doesn't show-
  "Horn Buddy! Long time no see!!" Mina's voice carried through the house. "We need to retake squad pics!"
hah.
  Katsuki's knife slipped with a loud clang, barely missing his fingers.
  "Why?" The mood changed in an instant.
  Izuku grabbed his hands frantically to inspect each finger. Once he counted ten, he bowed his head and answered quietly, "You know why."
  Izuku locked eyes with those he couldn't read. On the tips of his toes, he kissed Katsuki's forehead, firm yet gentle, then left him.
  He wanted to show as much space between him and Katsuki as he could in front of Eijiro. But.. Huh? He paused, zeroing in on Aki. Walking over with a trained smile, he asked Eijiro if he would be ever so kind as to lend a hand in the kitchen.
  "Uh, sure. This is my-"
"Thanks! I'll bring your friend over this way for a sec," Izuku pointed to the corner of the room, "Hello, I'm Izuku, could I have a word?" An unconvincing smile put Aki on high alert.
  Before any of them got far in either understanding or distance, another "Hello" filled up the room.
Quickly scanning the room and noting that he's a complete stranger to everyone there, the newcomer quickly added "I'm Ryusei.. Bakugo extended an invite.."
Katsuki walked out right then with a platter, feeling red and green eyes just two of the pairs turning to him in unison. ?

***