Silver Platter

Shoto grabbed Ezra by the collar. "Tell me everything you know. Now."
Ezra rolled his eyes. "Free me."
Shoto's left eye twitched before he melted away the ice.
"Ah-ah! Okay that's enough, it's melted, it's melted!" Ezra hopped around with a singed pant leg. "Jeez..!"
Shoto glanced across the water. Izuku's alone with the foreigners.. Where'd everyone else go? He's too exposed.
"How many are there? What are they waiting for? Or do they not know exactly where he is, yet?"
Ezra brushed himself off and straightened up. "I counted four. They know he's there but I suspect they're waiting to hear back on what everyone else's quirk is before they go waltzing in. Of course, if Izuku just hands himself over on a silver platter like he is now.." Ezra threw a hand up in frustration.
Shoto noted this exasperation though he didn't want to acknowledge the seemingly genuine concern, muddled as it was. Before he could reach for his phone, they heard rustling nearby.
After ducking out and creating more space between them and those surveying the area, Shoto rushed to send Izuku a message.
  Ezra's here across the lake, you're not sa-

* BOOM *

  Ezra chuckled. "Hah, what an idiot."

***