Conan the Barbarian

This chapter is rated M for sexual content.

Hosea woke up to hearing Clarice shrieking and a...dog barking? He slowly got out of bed and grunted, grabbing his chest. It still hurt a lot, but he had to see what was going on. He walked to the door and opened it to see a white puppy chasing after Clarice. He walked out and just stared at the two of them running around. When did his parents get a dog? This was exciting! Hosea crouched and whistled.

"Here puppy," he said. The dog stopped made a beeline for Hosea and he laughed when the puppy got to him. "Where did you come from?"

The puppy sat with its tongue hanging out of the side of its mouth. It was panting heavily. Hosea tilted his head to one side and smiled. "Let's see if we can get you something to eat and drink."

Hosea walked into the kitchen to find a bowl. Clarice landed on the counter, screeching her head off. Hosea shook his head and laughed. "Okay, okay, calm down, girl."

Hosea opened a banana and gave it to her. Finally she was calming down. He filled a bowl with water and set it on the floor so the dog could drink. The puppy came and started lapping it up quickly. Suddenly there were noises coming from his parent's bedroom and he blinked. He walked over to it to hear some moaning inside.

"Oh, Arthur," he heard his mother say.

"Momma? Are you and Pa wrestling again?" Hosea shouted through the door.

All moaning ceased but laughter followed. "Y-Yes," Arthur yelled.

"What are you doing out of bed?" Sam asked.

"I heard Clarice and the puppy. Is that our puppy?"

"Yes," Sam said as she opened the door in Pa's blue shirt...and nothing else. "That's our puppy."

"Cool!" Hosea said with a smile. "So, are you and Pa okay now?"

Sam tilted her head to one side. "Well, for now, yes. Now you really shouldn't be up and about, young man."

Hosea looked in the bedroom to see his dad putting on some pants. "Yes, Momma."

Sam ruffled Hosea's hair and walked him back over to his bedroom. "At least you're feeling okay, right?"

"Yes, Momma."

Hosea got to his room and after Sam tucked him in, the dog came running in and jumped on the bed to lay down. "No, off the bed!" Sam said.

"Oh come on, Momma! Let...is it a boy or a girl?"

"A boy."

"Please let him stay on the bed? Please?"

Sam sighed then gave her son a smile. "Okay, fine. But just this once, okay? We don't want dog fur getting all over your bed."

"What's his name?"

Sam gave the panting dog a thoughtful expression. "Hmm...haven't thought of one yet."

"Can we name him Conan the Barbarian, like in the story you told me? He looks like a Conan the Barnarian."

Sam laughed and ruffled her own blonde hair. "Sure. We'll call him Conan for short?"

"Yes!"

Sam gave Hosea a kiss on the cheek. "Okay. But no more getting out of bed, alright? You need your rest, buddy."

"Yes, Momma."

Sam smiled at him, pat Conan on the head and left the room, shutting the door behind her.