Part 6, Chapter 5- Secret Goodbyes

"I'm not a child, in case you haven't noticed mother. Violet and I could have come to get my shopping done by ourselves." Draco says as the witch in Madam Malkin's robe shop fits him with a stunning set of dark green robes. I sit in front of him sipping on a cup of tea sniggering at the whole thing. Draco pulls a face at me when his mother isn't looking.

"Now dear, your mother's quite right, none of us should be wandering around by ourselves these days. Especially not two gorgeous young wizards like yourselves." She says looking between Draco and me.

I roll my eyes and put my cup of tea down on the table beside me. I get up from my chair and start to walk around the store aimlessly. It's strange not being fitting for new robes for Hogwarts. I turn a corner and I find myself face to face with Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger.

"Alright, you three?" I say to them with a small smile on my lips.

"Alright, yourself?" Ron asks sort of sinking behind his friends.

I nod, "Been better. Please tell Molly I say hello. I miss you all so much."

Ron shuffles his feet a bit, "Don't suppose George would want to hear that one." He says quietly.

My smile falters, "Suppose not." I say before I busy myself with a row of dark robes.

"Watch where you're sticking that pin!" Draco shouts. Harry, Ron, and Hermione round the corner that Draco is down. "If you're wondering what that smell is, mother. A mud-blood just walked in."

Course he just had to open his fucking mouth. I pull my wand out of my hair and hold it against my hip underneath my cloak just in case I have to use it. I turn the corner just as Madam Malkin speaks, "I don't think there is any need for language like that!" I agree, "And I don't want wands drawn in my shop either!"

I look at Harry and Ron, both of them have their wands pointed at Draco. I swear one move on their part and I'll kill them.

"No don't, honestly. It's not worth it." I can hear Hermione whisper. I push through the three of them rather harshly, making Hermione stumble into Ron. I stand beside Draco and turn to look at the three of them.

"Yeah like you'd dare to do magic out of school." Draco sneers. "Who blacked your eye, Granger? I want to send them flowers." I laugh but cover it with a cough. Draco's a lot of things but you can't deny that he's not funny.

Madam Malkin doesn't share my beliefs, "That's quite enough! Madam... please?" She calls for my aunt like she's going to be able to do anything.

Aunt Narcissa comes floating over to us from the other side of the shop. She looks at Harry and Ron and chuckles to herself a bit, "Put those away." Her voice is like ice, "If you attack my son again, I shall ensure that it is the last thing you do." She looks at me and nods. I pull my wand out from under my cloak and twirl it between my fingers, staring at the three of them.

Harry notices that my wand is out and he takes a deep breath. He steps closer to my aunt and I put myself between them slightly. I am taller than both of them by quite a bit. Harry has to stand on his tiptoes to look over my shoulder and at my aunt's face, "Really? He says far to confidently for someone who only knows one spell, "Going to get a few Death Eater pals to do us in, are you? Or is that what Violet's for?"

Instantly anger bubbles up inside me. I stop playing with my wand and I establish a firm grip on it. Madam Malkin gasps, "Really, you shouldn't accuse- dangerous thing to say- wands away please!" She cries.

But no one listens. I raise my wand higher. Hermione apparently is the only one who remembers what exactly I can do with a flick of my wrist because she immediately gets uncomfortable. "I see that being Dumbledore's favourite has given you a false sense of security Harry Potter. But Dumbledore won't always be there to protect you." My aunt says very threateningly.