Vol. 1 Ch. 6 History Lesson

Your POV

I was in the training room practicing my fencing skills with Equinox and Paradox in their sword form. I wasn't wearing my trench coat nor was I wearing a shirt, but I always prefer to be shirtless when I'm training. After a while, I changed my swords back into their Deagle form and started to practice my shooting skills, which were very good to begin with. After I had reloaded both of them a few times, I reloaded Equinox and Paradox one last time. Then I spun them in my hands and holstered them. I wiped away some of the sweat on my forehead and grabbed my trench coat. I went back to my dorm and took a long relaxing shower.

After my shower, I got dressed in my usual outfit minus my trench coat and sat down on my desk. I pulled out Equinox and Paradox and set them on the desk in front of me. I picked up Equinox, disassembled it, and started to clean each of its parts. After I finished cleaning my Deagle sword, I reassembled it and set it back on my desk. Then I grabbed Paradox and did the same thing with it. Once I had reassembled Paradox, I loaded both of my weapons and put them both in my holsters. I sighed as I heard a knock on the door, so I got up and answered it, revealing Yang in her Beacon Uniform. I saw Yang slowly eye me up and down, probably because I was still shirtless. I rolled my eyes and said, "Hey, Yang. Did you need something?" She smirked and said, "I need you and your sexy body." I rolled my eyes again and said, "Sorry to disappoint you, Yang, but I'm not really looking to be in a relationship with anyone right now. So I'll ask you again, what do you want?"

She sighed and said, "Fine. I was wondering if we had any classes together. I haven't seen you in any of my classes all week so far." I nodded and said, "I believe that I have Dr. Oobleck next." She nodded and said, "Okay, maybe we could 'Yang' out after class?" I sighed at her terrible pun and said, "I'll think about it." She smiled and said, "Okay, here's my Scroll number so you can tell me your answer." She handed me a slip of paper, which I put in my pocket, and said, "See you later, Y/N!" She walked off and I closed the door. I sighed as I put on my old Beacon Uniform, which was exactly the same as the current ones. Seeing as I had pretty much stayed the same height since I unlocked my immortality semblance, I wasn't really surprised that it fit perfectly. I put my sunglasses on my head and headed to Bartholomew's class.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Nora eating pancakes)

Oobleck said, "Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution─more popularly known as the Faunus War─" He zoomed up to the front of the class and continued, "─humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie." He pointed at the map of said-area with his stick, then zoomed off to the side for a sip of his coffee before appearing in front of the desk and saying, "Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!" As he zoomed around the classroom more, I thought to myself, History, more like old memories. The doctor took another sip of his coffee again before continuing to zoom and said, "Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?"

Some of the students raise their hands. After a moment, the bunny Faunus, Velvet, did the same. Oobleck said, "Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!" He took another sip of his coffee and continued, "I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?" I saw a hand get raised, to which Oobleck said, "Yes?" Weiss answered, "The battle at Fort Castle!" Oobleck replied, "Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?" Unseen by the professor, I saw Cardin Winchester flick a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up and say, "Hey!"

Oobleck zoomed over into Jaune's face amd said, "Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?" Jaune said, "Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus..." He looked behind Oobleck's focused face at Pyrrha, who coughs and motions to her lips as she gives him the answer. "...had over that guy's stuff..." Jaune saw Pyrrha cup her hands around her eyes, went for the most obvious answer, and said, "Uhh... Binoculars!" While Jaune looked pleased with his answer, the class laughed at him and Oobleck, who was back at the front of the class, sipped his coffee. Pyrrha sighed and slapped a hand to her forehead as Cardin pounded his fist on his desk while chortling. Oobleck zoomed back behind his desk and said, "Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!" Cardin replied, "Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier."

As Oobleck shook his head, Pyrrha said, "You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?" Cardin replied, "What? You got a problem?" Pyrrha answered, "No, I have the answer! It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark." Cardin growled at the correct response and Blake said, "General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured." She turned to Cardin and said, "Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure." As Cardin gets up from his seat, fist clenched, Oobleck said, "Mr. Winchester! Please take your seat." As Jaune laughs at his Cardin's embarrassment, Oobleck zoomed up to him and said, "You and Mr. Arc can both see me after class for additional readings." Oobleck took yet another sip of his coffee, as Jaune groaned. Oobleck zoomed away and said, "Now! Moving on! Who can tell me what was one of the most unexpected things that led to the Faunus victory?"

Weiss raised her hand again and answered, "The help of a couple of humans on the Faunus side. The small group of fighters were led by a man whose name was never discovered. History simply refers to him as The Nameless Huntsman." Oobleck gave me a brief glance as I smirked, then zoomed to the front of the class and said, "Right you are, Ms. Schnee! To this day, the true identity of The Nameless Huntsman is still unknown. In fact, there has been multiple points throughout history where people have reported sightings of The Nameless Huntsman, giving him other nicknames such as the Time Traveler, The Stranger In Blue, and The Ageless Fighter. But nobody has ever been able to find out his real name."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.