Vol. 6 Ch. 54 Mistrust And Separations

Your POV

Yang said, "Salem can't be killed... you all heard her too, right?" Team RWBY all angrily glared at Ozpin, whose head was still down. He looked up, with tears streaming down his face. Qrow just looked away and Ozpin started, "I─" Enraged, Yang cut him off, saying, "There was so much you hadn't told us! How could you think that was okay?!" Oz didn't say anything, he just hung his head back down in shame. Ruby then said, "Professor..." Ozpin looked up at her and Ruby continued, "What is your plan to defeat Salem?" Oz replied, "I... don't have one..." Suddenly, Qrow punched Ozpin in the face, sending him into a nearby tree trunk. Then Qrow said, "No one wanted me... I was cursed... I gave my life to you because you gave me a place in this world... I thought I was finally doing some good..." Oz replied tearfully, "But, you are!" Qrow continued, "Meeting you... was the worst luck of my life..." Oz stared back in disbelief upon hearing Qrow say that, before he looked down dejected and said, "Maybe you're right..."

Ozpin's eyes glowed as control was transferred back to Oscar Pine. He held his cheek in pain from the effects of Qrow's punch. Ruby asked, "What happened?" Oscar replied, "He's... gone." Yang said, "That bastard! Tell him we're not done yet!" Oscar replied, "No, this is different. He's gone. It─ It's like he's locked himself deep inside my head. Our head?" Oscar grunted as he held his head in pain and said, "I hate this! I want it to stop!" Weiss said, "He just left us?" Blake asked, "What are we gonna do now?" Yang growled in anger, then turned to me and said, "And you! If I didn't know better, I'd say you already knew all of this!" I took a deep breath and replied, "I did. But I didn't tell anyone else because it wasn't my place to tell anyone. Besides after I first asked Jinn about what Oz was hiding, I told him that keeping all of that a secret and that hiding it from others was a bad idea. This is the exact reason why I warned him about it. Sure he's been around longer than I have, but at least I have more common sense and trust than him. So yell at me all you want. Just know that I had warned him this could happen. And if you want me to leave, all you have to do is say the fucking word and I'll be gone. I've disappeared from existence multiple times throughout history, it wouldn't be hard to do it again!" Yang looked at me agitated and said, "Then do it!"

Maria spoke up and said, "Enough! We need to get move on. It'll be dark before we know it, and every one of you is spewing negativity! There's a trail over there, trails usually lead somewhere." Yang replied, "Lady, I don't know who you think you are but─" Slamming her cane, Maria interrupted Yang, saying, "No buts! I understand that you're upset. Honestly, I'm still coming to terms with the fact that this is humanity's second time around. But, if we don't move, we die. And I'll be damned if I've lived this long just to die out here in the cold!" Ruby agreed and said, "She's right. Come on." Everyone grabbed their belongings and whatever Dust they could carry with them. Then Yang turned to me and said, "If you couldn't trust us enough to tell us everything, then just leave! I never want to see you again!" I let out a small sigh of anger and said, "As you wish, Goldilocks. But just know that if you do change your mind, I might not come back." Yang just rolled her eyes angrily and turned her back on me. I looked at Weiss and said, "I'm sorry, Snowflake. I'm glad that I got to meet you and Yang during my endless life, but it seems like I'm not wanted anymore." Then I walked away through the forest. Seeing as I had been in this area years before, I knew that the trail would lead them to the old Brunswick Farm.

3rd Person POV

Maria sat on Bumblebee as Yang walked her bike. Ruby walked over to Oscar and handed over the handle of his cane. Oscar grabbed the cane and said, "I'm just going to be another one of his lives, aren't I?" Ruby put her hand on his and said, "Of course not. You're your own person." Qrow spoke up and said, "Don't lie to him, Ruby." He took a drink from his flask and added, "We're better than that." Weiss looked back towards where her fiancé had disappeared into the woods. She looked down at her engagement ring and thought to herself, Hopefully Yang will change her mind. I don't want to live without you, Y/N.

Elsewhere in the Land of Darkness

In the meeting room, Salem opened her eyes and glared at her subordinates. Tyrian and Arthur Watts are seen fearfully sitting at the table while Hazel, Emerald and Mercury were kneeling at the other end of the room. Salem said, "I would like you to explain to me... how it is you failed so spectacularly?" Hazel spoke up and said, "The Faunus Militia split our forces─" Salem cut him off, saying, "Stop." Hazel remained silent with a fearful expression on his face and Salem said, "Let me rephrase the question - who is responsible for your defeat?" Emerald and Mercury stay kneeling as Hazel stood up to give his answer. Salem listened intently as Hazel said, "I take full responsibility." Suddenly, Salem flipped the table over, knocking Tyrian off his chair. Watts hastily stood up from his seat and backed away. Angered, Salem said, "But that wouldn't be fair now, would it?! We all know who's truly to blame..." Salem walked forward and menacingly held her hand out in front of her. Hazel said, "I don't─" Salem motioned her hand, and a glyph with her symbol appeared underneath Hazel. Multiple Grimm arms came out from it and grabbed Hazel, forcing him down on all fours and suffocating him. Salem then looked over to Emerald, who was still staring down with a fearful expression, and said, "Emerald, I want you to tell me whose fault this was." Salem slowly walked over to Emerald as she breathed heavily. Salem said, "Now." Closing her eyes in fear, Emerald said, "Cinder! We failed because of Cinder..."

Salem replied, "That's right." Placing a hand on Emerald's shoulder, Salem continued, "I want you to understand that failure. I want you to understand why Cinder must be left to toil in her isolation until she redeems herself." Salem walked away from Emerald. Both her and Mercury looked up in surprise, and Mercury said, "You mean─" Then Emerald said, "She's alive?" Watts replied, "You're joking, how could you know that?" Tyrian asked, "Are you questioning our divine savior?!" Watts reeled back and said, "I..." Salem looked over to Watts and glared at him, as he chuckled nervously and said, "Of course not, forgive me." Salem proceeded to address her subordinates, saying, "It's important not to lose sight of what drives us: Love, justice, reverence... but the moment you put your desires before my own... they will be lost to you." Salem released Hazel from her grasp and walked back to the other side of the room. Hazel caught his breath and Salem said, "This isn't a threat, this is simply the truth. The path to your desires is only found... through me." She turned her head to glare back at them. Hazel stood back up, Tyrian let out a small chuckle, and Watts straightened his coat. Salem looked outside the window and watched the Nevermores fly before looking down and saying, "And so we must press on." She turned around to face her subjects and said, "The Sword under Vacuo's academy, Shade─" Hazel interrupted her, saying, "Ma'am." Everyone looks at him as he continued, "I have... more to report."

Salem glared at Hazel for interrupting her, and has the Grimm arms ready under him. Hazel looked down at them in fear before explaining himself, saying, "Qrow and the children are taking the Lamp to Atlas." Tyrian laughed and said, "Not if I can help it." Hazel added, "And they're being led... by Ozpin and the Immortal L/N." At this, everyone slowly looked toward Salem with fearful expressions on their faces and Mercury noticed the windows starting to crack. Tyrian asked, "So soon?" Watts said, "They're the only two men with a chance of getting through to Ironwood. If that happens..." Watts suddenly stopped as he and everyone else noticed the windows cracking. They then looked at Salem, and dark smoke emanated from her and she said furiously, "Leave..." Tyrian said, "Your Grace, I can..." Salem glared at Tyrian, causing him to reel back. Emerald looked on in fear before Hazel put a hand on her shoulder and said, "Come on."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.