Vol. 3 Ch. 31 The Maiden

Your POV

After we finished explaining to Pyrrha how the Maiden's powers worked, she turned to us and said angrily, "If all of this is true, why keep it secret!? If this girl is so important... if we're truly on the brink of war, why not tell everyone?" Glynda came forward and said, "From what we understand, it used to be common knowledge." Not expecting that answer, Pyrrha said, "Excuse me?" Now his turn to elaborate as he pulls out the familiar flask, Qrow said, "How do you think legends and fairy tales get started?"

Then I said, "Even the craziest ones come from somewhere." Qrow got the lid off and takes a swig as I continued, "Take mine for example, I'm immortal, but I'm not a time traveler. But since I kept making appearances throughout history and I always looked the same, people started telling stories about a time traveler that wore a blue outfit. Nobody could think of a better explanation as to why I didn't look any older."

Pyrrha nodded slowly at my response and Glynda said, "Our group was founded in order to protect both mankind and the Maidens. Those hungry for power hunted them with the hope of inheriting their strength." Finishing his drink, Qrow said, "And as you can imagine, the ones that succeeded weren't exactly the kind of people you'd want to have unimaginable power." Ironwood continued, "And so this brotherhood chose to remove the Maidens from the public eye, allowing their existence to fade away into legend."

Then Glynda explained, "The things we're telling you go against hundreds of years of human history, religion." Ironwood continued from her, saying, "No one would want to believe us. It would cause an uproar." Oz finished, saying, "It would cause panic. And we all know what that would bring to clawing to our Kingdom's walls."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N and Chibi Qrow having a drinking contest)

After the chaos with Yang was sadly dealt with, I was strolling through the courtyard when I heard someone standing by the statue. I walked over to them and saw that it was Pyrrha. I placed my hand on her shoulder and said, "Still struggling on your answer?" She nodded and I said, "If it makes you feel any better, I'd take your place in an instant if it were possible." She looked at me and said, "Why?" I smiled and said, "Pyrrha, I've been around long enough to know that sometimes we have to make hard decisions for good causes. I've learned that it's always a little easier if you have someone to guide you through it." Pyrrha nodded and said, "Y/N, if you don't mind me asking, why have you just appeared and disappeared throughout your life and throughout history?" I sighed and said, "I had to, that's why. Because if I stuck around for too long, some people might've taken notice of that. So I would go dark and just disappear for a few years. But don't get me wrong, it's not always easy. But I've learned that being immortal isn't a blessing. It's a curse."

Pyrrha frowned and said, "How come?" I sighed again and replied, "Because I watched as my best friends, the ones that I grew up with, grew old and eventually died. I watched as my own parents and family died too. Having immortality, I'm cursed with knowing that everyone I will ever meet, care about, or even love, will die while I live on forever. So that's why I've helped out humanity throughout history, because if I'm going to see everyone I know die, at least I can make a difference." Pyrrha smiled and said, "Thanks for sharing this with me, Y/N." I nodded and said, "Not a problem, Pyrrha. I don't mind sharing my wisdom with someone who needs it." Then I walked away, leaving her in peace.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. The next one might be the Fall of Beacon.
Master out.