Vol. 6 Ch. 52 Time To Ask

Your POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Yang tuning Bumblebee)

After the train car we were in fell off the tracks, I helped Yang unbury Bumblebee. As I did, Yang said, "Great! This is just great! We're stranded, we lost a third of our party, and we've gained a defenseless old lady!" With one final heave, Yang and I managed to free Bumblebee, but she fell over to the ground, with her motorcycle following suit as she's partially covered in snow. I helped her up as the old lady, whom I somewhat recognized, said, "My name is Maria Calavera, and I am not defenseless! I'm just a little hard of hearing. And blind without my eyes, that are in desperate need of repair." She tapped on her prosthetics, which opened wide and closed, before opening narrowly again. Then Maria said, "Okay, I'm starting to see your point." Qrow grunted and said, "Yang, knock it off, will ya? If we lose our cool now, we'll just be inviting even more Grimm." Blake replied, "Does that even matter? Apparently, we've been attracting Grimm ever since we left Haven." Yang said, "Oh, and how could I forget about that?" Yang turned to Oscar and said, "What happened to no more lies and half truths?"

Oscar agreed and said, "Yeah, I think it's time we got an explanation..." Oscar's eyes glowed as control of his body is switched to Ozpin, who furrowed his brow at Yang's accusations. Then Oz said, "I did not lie to you..." I rolled my eyes and said, "Oh cut the bullshit, Oz." Then Weiss said, "Well, you certainly didn't tell us everything about the Relic." Oz replied, "Please, now is not the time." Yang said, "No, we're past that! I wanna know why you're still not telling us everything!" Oz replied, "It is true that the Grimm are attracted to the Relics. It's faint, but undeniable. I believe it has to do with their origin, but I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, I feared that making you all aware would only add anxiety and negativity. It seemed like the safer option." Weiss replied, "You know, I'm getting real tired of people choosing what's best for me." Yang then said, "Is that why you chose to lie to everyone about Lionheart too?" Oz answered, "Yes, as a matter of fact, I believed the Kingdom of Mistral deserved better than the truth. And I believed Leonardo deserved to be remembered for his lifetime of service, and not for the unfortunate missteps he made in his final years." I sighed quietly to myself and knew it was probably safer for me to just stay quiet. Yang said, "Missteps?!"

Ozpin replied, "What Professor Lionheart did was reprehensible. I am not here to argue differently, but does one lapse in judgment truly negate all of his good? Do we not all have regrets? You may have met Professor Lionheart, but you never met the man he was before Salem found him." I thought about it and realized that Leo used to be way better than that. Yang said, "Look, we're supposed to be in this together. You can trust us! We're not gonna turn our backs on you." Raising his voice, Oz said, "Do you really think Leo was the first?!" Everyone stopped as Oz continued, "That he didn't say those exact same words to me? I'm sorry, but you have to understand that my behaviors are backed by experience. I'm not saying that I have reason to think you will betray me. I'm saying that I have reasons for the things that I do, the secrets I keep, the reason I..." He suddenly stopped, realized something, and said, "Where's the Relic?" Ruby answered, "Right here." She held it in her hands and said, "It got scattered in the crash." Ozpin said, "Please, hand it over." Oz reached his hand out, but Ruby hesitated and said, "So all those times you talked about having faith in humanity, that was just for everyone else?"

Oz sighed and said, "That's not what I meant to suggest. Miss Rose, the Relic is a powerful item and I simply feel as though it is my burden to bear." Ruby replied, "But, you said it couldn't do anything right now." Blake added, "Why does it matter who carries it?" Oz replied, "I need you to listen to me─" Ozpin reached his hand out, but suddenly was stopped, stuck in his position. Qrow spoke up and said, "Oz?" Fighting back for control, Oscar said, "Hurry... he's... trying to stop you!" Yang said, "Stop her from what?" Oscar replied, "He's afraid... you'll find out what he's... hiding!" Oscar suddenly collapsed, Yang, Weiss and Blake glared at the boy with intense looks while Ruby held the Relic of Knowledge defensively. I finally spoke up and said, "Well, fuck it. I should've known that this would've happened, especially when I noticed that we had this Relic. So, fuck it. Ruby, her name is Jinn. Say her name to summon her." Ruby looked at me and said, "Her name?" The wind picked up much more gradually, blowing snow even harder. The Relic started to glow in Ruby's hands and Ruby said, "Jinn?" Suddenly, the snow stopped, floating in midair. The wind stopped blowing too, and Qrow said, "What?" Ruby then let go of the Relic as it floated a short distance away, cyan smoke emanating from it.

Suddenly, the lamp was enveloped in the smoke, and from it, a giant, semi-nude feminine figure emerges. Her skin and hair colored blue, and decorated with gold jewelry and ornaments. The figure stretched and moaned as she had been awakened once again. This was Jinn, the aforementioned being inhabiting the Relic of Knowledge. Jinn sighed once more and said, "Wonderful." Everyone stared in awe at Jinn, and she said, "Tell me, what knowledge do you seek?" Jinn said, "I am Jinn, a being created by the God of Light to aid Humanity in its pursuit of knowledge. I've been graced with the ability to answer three questions every one hundred years. You're in luck, as I am still able to answer─" Oz cut her off, saying, "That's enough!" Everyone looked to Ozpin, who managed to regain control over Oscar's body. Then Jinn continued, "...two questions this era." I scratched my head and thought, Two questions? Who used one of them already, I asked her questions of my own, but that was more than 2 centuries ago, before I met Jules. So who used one in the last hundred years, and when? Everyone was shocked, despite Ozpin telling them that the Relic won't work for them beforehand. Then Jinn chuckled and said, "It's a pleasure to see you again, old man. And you as well, Ageless Fighter." Oz spoke up and said, "Ruby, please... Don't." Qrow glanced to Ozpin, stepped forward, and said, "Hey." Suddenly, Yang, Weiss, and Blake got defensive at Qrow. Ruby stared in disbelief. Relenting, Qrow said, "Do whatever you think is right, kiddo." I nodded and said, "I'm with you on whatever you ask, Ruby." Pondering her question, Ruby said, "Jinn?" Ruby turned around to face Jinn, who had a curious look on her face, while Ozpin gritted his teeth in anger. Then Ruby asked, "What is Ozpin hiding from us?"

3rd Person POV

Ozpin yelled, "NOOOOOOO!!" Ruby gasped and looked behind her. Ozpin lunged forward and was about to touch her, but suddenly, Ruby found herself alone in a blank white space. She looked around and said, "Wha─ what? Weiss? Yang? Y/N?" Suddenly, an environment manifested, showing a path leading to a castle in the distance. A woman humming can be heard in the background. Jinn began to narrate, saying, "Once upon a time, there stood a lonely tower... that sheltered a lonely girl." A rather beautiful woman sitting in front of a mirror then appears. Jinn then said, "Named... Salem."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. The next one will be Jinn's story but with something else added to it.
Master out.