Vol. 5 Ch. 50 An Unexpected Loss

3rd Person POV

After everything was over, Ruby groaned and fell to her knees. Weiss caught her and said, "Are you okay?" Ruby sighed and said, "I feel like I should be asking you guys." They both looked up to see Blake approaching them. Yang walked over and dropped to her sister's side. Then Ruby said, "So Blake, what're you doing here?" Blake replied, "I... I was gonna ask you three the same thing." Ruby, Weiss, and Yang, shared glances with each other and Ruby said, "That's... a looooong story." Blake replied, "Well... I'm not going anywhere." Ruby said, "That's all that matters." She giggled and continued, "That we're all here together. Right?" Ruby looked to Yang as she says that. Blake briefly looked away with a sorrowful expression on her face. Yang looked up at her, smiled, and said, "Yeah." Blake looked back over to them and smiled. Weiss offered a hand out to her, and the cat Faunus eagerly joined in to Team RWBY's first group hug after a long time of being apart. The four girls embraced each other while their friends looked on smiling. When the girls pulled out of the hug, Blake looked around briefly and said, "Wait a minute, where's Y/N?"

Yang's POV

I looked down upset and Weiss did the same. Blake looked at us confused and said, "What is it?" I sighed and said, "He's gone... Cinder decapitated him." I sniffled and Weiss said, "He just proposed to us about a week ago and now he's gone." I looked at Weiss and said, "I think we should each take one of his weapons in memory of him. I'll take Paradox and you can have Equinox." She nodded and said, "I agree, plus I think that he'd want us to keep moving on. I guess he finally gets to rest. Besides, now he can be with Julia again." I nodded and said, "You're right." We walked over to his still lifeless body and I picked up Paradox. I glanced down at his head, picked it up, kissed his forehead, and placed his head on his shoulders. I wiped away some tears from my eyes and said, "At least you're with Julia again. And you finally get some peace." Weiss grabbed Equinox and we both walked away.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.