Vol. 5 Ch. 44 No More Half-Truths

3rd Person POV

Ruby grabs the tea tray and heads to the living room while Ren continues to cook. Ruby looked at the tea tray and said, "So, we didn't know how many people were coming, so we just cooked all of it." She looked up, and gasped as she dropped the tea tray and its contents, which shatter on the floor. She stared in disbelief at the sight of not only Qrow, but of her older sister Yang, Yang's boyfriend Y/N, and her teammate Weiss. Yang approaches her little sister. Ruby said, with her voice cracking, "Yang, I... I'm so sorry! I-I should've stayed, and I should've talked to you more! I'd─I just..." Tears started pouring from her eyes as Ruby said, "I wasn't sure if you wanted me around and─" Suddenly, her big sister gave her a strong hug. Ruby's lips quivered, and she looked toward her sister. Yang said, "I love you." Then tears streamed from her eyes as well. Ruby sobbed as she leans into her sister's hug and said, "I love you too."

Jaune, Ren and Nora entered the room, smiling at the sight of the two sisters embracing each other. Qrow smiled as well. Oscar Pine entered the room and said, "Uh..." He looked up, seeing Ruby and Yang hugging, and smiled. Weiss smiled as she wiped a tear from her eye, before frowning while looking down. Then Ruby said, "Weiss." Weiss looked up, and saw the two sisters open their arms up for her. She smiled and eagerly joined them in their hug. Everyone smiled as they watched three of the four Team RWBY members embraced.

Yang's POV

After the others filled Weiss and I in with what they know far and Ozpin told them about the bird thing, I said, "If Ruby sticks around, then I will too. If there's one thing I know about her, it's that she somehow always knows the right thing to do." I smiled at Ruby and continued, "But, if we're going to help, if we're going to keep risking our lives, no more lies. No more half-truths." Everyone remained silent as Ozpin and Qrow exchanged a brief look with each other. Ozpin pondered what I said for one last moment, before responding, "Understood. In that case, I believe that someone else has to explain some things to everyone as well." I nodded and said, "I'll go find him." Everyone except for Ruby, Weiss, and Uncle Qrow looked at me confused. I got up and found Y/N sitting on the back porch, looking up at the shattered Moon. I placed my hand on his shoulder and said, "Hey, you alright?"

Your POV

I sighed and said, "Yep. I'm just surprised that Oz reincarnated so fast. But I'm glad Qrow found him. I assume it's my turn to tell Ren, Nora, and Jaune the truth about me, right?" Yang nodded and said, "Yes." I smiled and walked into the house and into the living room. I looked at Jaune, Ren and Nora, took a deep breath, and said, "There's something that I should tell you three. I'm not 20 years old. I wasn't even a second year student at Beacon. Have you three ever heard the fairy tale, The Blue Time Traveler?" They nodded and I continued, "That fairy tale is true as well. It's about me. The person known throughout history as The Nameless Huntsman, that's also me. The reason that I've helped out humanity throughout history is because I have two semblances. One of them is Immortality. I haven't really aged much since the day I unlocked it." They all sat there in silence. Then Ren spoke up and said, "I'm sure being around as long as you have, you've dealt with worse things than what happened at Beacon." I sighed and said, "Unfortunately, yes, I have. My immortality is actually like a curse for me, because everyone that I meet, I'll end up seeing them die and I'll be back to being alone again. That's why I've disappeared and reappeared throughout history, there were multiple times when I would go into hiding so I wouldn't get too attached to certain people. But I have let myself get attached on occasion, because sometimes I get too lonely." They all got up and hugged me. I smiled as I melted into the group hug. After we broke up the hug, Weiss looked at Yang and I and said, "Can we talk privately, just the three of us?"

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.