Vol. 5 Ch. 48 Haven

Your POV

Qrow and I led the others as we walked onto the school grounds of Haven. We entered the nearby building and were greeted by Leonardo Lionheart, who was standing on a terrace at the top of the stairs that's being held up by a statue. Lionheart greeted us and said, "Why hello. Thank you for... coming." He noticed that there were more of us and said nervously, "There... seems to be more of you than last time." Then he let out a nervous chuckle. Me, Qrow, and the rest of the group stopped to look up at Lionheart and Qrow said, "Eh, you know what they say, 'The more the merrier'. So what's going on with the council?" Lionheart then asked us, "Why... did you bring your weapons?" Qrow and I shared a brief glance of slight confusion mixed with concern and I said, "What? Leo, we're Huntsmen. You okay?" Lionheart replied, "Of course! Of course, sorry. Just haven't had my evening coffee." I rolled my eyes and said, "Look, it's nice to see you, but we got work to do." Qrow nodded and added, "Are we getting support from the council or not?"

While the three of us talked, Yang noticed from the corner of her eye a black bird perched on a balcony railing and said, "Mom?" Everyone's attention was turned to the bird. It flew away just as Qrow and I both shot at it, but missed. The bird flew down behind Lionheart, transforming into Raven Branwen, donning her mask. We all glared at her and Ruby said, "Raven..." Nora gasped and said, "They... they really are magic..." Taking her mask off, Raven said, "If you two are going to shoot me, shoot me. That was insulting." Qrow asked, "What are you doing here?!" Walking down the stairs, Raven replied, "I could ask you the same thing. You've been scheming, little brother. Planning to attack your own sister." I glared at Lionheart and said, "Leo... what have you done?!" He started, "I..." Raven cut him off and said, "Leo did what any sane person would in his position - he looked at all the information he had in front of him, assessed the situation, and made a choice. And it seems you all have too." Now angry, Qrow said, "You have the Spring Maiden." She replied, "I do." Qrow said, "Then hand her over and let's work together! We can beat Salem!" Raven simply replied, "All that time spent spying for Ozpin and you still have no idea what you're dealing with. There is no beating Salem!" I was about to say something, but before I could, Ruby spoke up and said, "You're wrong. We've done things that most people would call impossible, and I know the only reason we were able to do it is because we didn't do it alone! We had people to teach us, people to help us, we had each other. Work with us. At least I know we'll have a better chance if we try together. Please." Ruby held her hand out. Raven glared at it and said scornfully, "You sound just like your mother."

Suddenly, Raven drew Omen and created a portal with her Semblance. From the portal, a fireball is launched and hits Ruby square in her torso. She lands several feet back and Yang yelled, "Ruby!" While Yang ran to her little sister, Cinder stepped out of the portal and said, "Hello boys and girls." She was then joined by Vernal, Emerald, and Mercury as they too stepped out from the portal. Glaring, Ruby said, "Cinder..." Cinder and her group lined up alongside Raven, while Ruby and her friends gasped. Mercury spoke up and said, "C'mon guys, is that any way to greet your old friends?" Yang growled at him and Qrow said, "Everybody, stay calm." Suddenly we heard the doors behind them open up, and I heard Oscar say, "Oh no..." I looked and saw Hazel Rainart closing the doors behind him as he entered. Hazel then said, "The White Fang is prepping demolition and securing the school grounds. No one's getting in, and no one's getting out."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N proposing to Chibi Jules)

In between fighting alongside the others, I happened to look up just in time to see Cinder throw an obsidian spear and watch as it impaled Weiss through her abdomen. She gasped in shock as everyone stopped their fighting and stared in shock as well. The spear then disintegrated as Weiss went motionless and slumped forwards. I froze, cried out, and said, "WEISS!" I felt Emerald stab me through the back and heart with both of her weapons. Then all at once, everything froze as time seemed to stop.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.