Vol. 3 Ch. 29 The Double Match

Your POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Weiss and Chibi Y/N playing chess)

I was with Weiss and Yang before their doubles match. I faced both of them, holding one of their hands in each of mine, and said, "Good luck out there, you two." I gave them each a quick kiss on the lips and said, "I'll be cheering for you two." They both smiled and Yang said, "We know you will, babe." Then I went up to the stands and sat next to Ruby and Blake.

When the match ended, I went down to the arena floor to Weiss and said, "You alright, Snowflake?" Weiss got up and coughed some smoke before she weakly responded, "I may not be singing for a while." I looked at her both worried and relieved until I broke out into a joking smile and said, "You know, I'm not sure that was proper form." She replied, "Oh, ha ha." Then she had another coughing fit, to which I responded, "Come on, Snowflake. Let's get you to the hospital wing to get you checked out." I put my arm around Weiss and guided her to the infirmary.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N stealing Chibi Neo's neapolitan ice cream)

While the nurses were checking Weiss out, I turned to Yang and said, "Hey Goldilocks, congrats on making it to the singles round." Yang smiled and said, "Thanks, babe." Weiss came over to us and said, "I'm clear, the doctor gave me something to take care of me coughing up smoke. They said that I should get some rest and that should help too." I smiled and said, "That's good." Weiss nodded and said, "I'm tired anyways, so I'm going back to the dorm. I'll see you two later." I nodded and said, "Okay, love you." She smiled and said, "Love you too." Then she walked off towards the dorm building and I felt my Scroll go off. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw a message from Oz.

 I pulled it out of my pocket and saw a message from Oz

I put my Scroll back in my pocket and turned to Yang. I smiled and said, "Oz needs me for something important, so I'll see you later. I'll be cheering you on during your singles match." Yang smiled and I kissed her on the cheek and said, "See you later." Then I headed towards Oz's office.

I got to the elevators when the doors opened and I stepped in. As the elevator started to close, I paused for a moment before stopping the doors with my hand. The footsteps I had heard came around the corner, revealing their owner, Qrow. He took a sip from the coffee mug he was holding and said, "Thanks, Y/N." I smiled and said, "Not a problem, Qrow." When the elevator arrived at Oz's office, Qrow and I both exited the elevator and approached Oz's desk. Then Qrow said to Oz, "You know, he's making you look like a fool." Oz replied, "His heart is in the right place. He's just... misguided." Qrow said, "Sometimes, I'm not even sure he has a heart." He took a drink from his cup and shifted his weight before he asked, "So, have you chosen your guardian yet?"

Oz turned his chair around to face Qrow and I, and said, "Maidens choose themselves. I simply believe I've found the right candidate. Ever since the day I met her, I had the feeling she would be the one. She's strong, intelligent, caring... but most importantly, she's ready." I sighed and said, "I'm not sure that she's ready for all of this pressure."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.