Vol. 2 Ch. 15 Unexpected Questions

Your POV

I tensed up slightly and said, "Glynda? You heard that?" Glynda sat down next to me and said, "Yeah. So why did you freeze and walk off when Yang called you a knucklehead?" I sighed and replied, "Knucklehead was the same nickname that Julia gave me. So when I heard Yang use it, I just froze. I don't know why, but I did. I guess I just wasn't expecting her to call me the same thing Julia did. I shouldn't have let it affect me like it did." Glynda looked at me and said, "Hey, Julia wouldn't mind. Besides, I've noticed how much happier you've been since you and Yang started dating." I hugged Glynda and said, "Thanks, Glynda." She smiled and said, "No problem. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight." Then she got up and left.

I looked up at the shattered Moon and thought to myself some more. Glynda's right, I thought. Julia wouldn't have minded. Besides I love Yang. I heard the door to the roof open again, followed by someone saying, "Hey, Y/N. I need to tell you something." I looked back and saw Weiss standing there awkwardly. I looked at her and said, "Hey, Weiss. What is it?" She took a deep breath and said, "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me?" I looked at her shocked and said, "Uhh, Weiss. I would love to, but Yang and I are dating, so I planned on going with her. Sorry." She nodded slowly and said, "Oh, right. My bad. I understand." She turned and left in slight hurry. I sighed and thought to myself, I hope I didn't hurt her feelings.

After a while, I heard the door open again and heard a familiar voice say, "I thought you might be up here. Especially when you didn't answer the door." Yang walked over and sat down next to me. She turned to face me and said, "Y/N, I'm not sure what happened earlier, but whatever it was, I'm sorry." I sighed and said, "Don't be. I'm the one who should be sorry, Yang, not you. You did nothing wrong. I just wasn't expecting you to call me a knucklehead." She frowned and said, "Why? What do you mean?" I took a deep breath and said, "Only one other person has ever called me that before. Knucklehead was Julia's nickname for me. So when you used the same nickname, I froze. It caught me off guard to hear you use it too." Yang hugged me and said, "I'm sorry. I didn't know." I replied, "Don't be. It's not your fault. Besides, I don't think Jules would mind." Yang kissed my cheek and said, "Okay. I think we should head to bed, it's getting late. But I'm going to sleep in my dorm tonight, if that's okay." I nodded and said, "That's fine." We shared a quick kiss and went to our dorms.

Yang's POV

When I got to my dorm, Weiss was standing outside the door in her pajamas. She saw me and said, "Yang, I need to talk about something with you in private." I nodded and said, "Okay, what's up?" She took a deep breath and said, "I'm going to be honest with you, I think that I've fallen for your boyfriend. I didn't even realize that you and Y/N were dating. I found out earlier when I asked him if he'd go to the dance with me." I nodded, still slightly confused, and Weiss continued, "He let me down easy and said that he was planning on going with you. To be honest, I doubt that he knows how I actually feel about him, but I thought you should know since you're his girlfriend and my teammate."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.