Vol. 5 Ch. 42 The Raven

Your POV

Yang stopped at a fuel station named Just Rite. I smiled at her and said, "I'll fill the tank." She smiled, kissed me on the cheek, and said, "Thanks, Sweetie." I nodded and said, "It's nothing." She went inside to get something to drink. A few minutes later, a drunk and shady guy came flying out of the bar. I looked at him and asked, "What happened?" He laughed and said, "Some hot blonde punched me after I went to touch her hair. But man, what a woman." I crossed my arms and said, "Yeah, my woman to be exact." Then I kicked him hard in the nuts and asked him for the directions to the Branwen Tribe Camp. When Yang came back out, I said, "I kicked the asshole in the nuts for trying to touch my girl." She smiled and looked at me through her aviators. Then we hopped onto Bumblebee and continued on our way to the Branwen Tribe Camp.

Eventually Yang and I finally entered the camp, escorted by a few bruised bandits that we had roughed up earlier. I noticed more bandits lining up along the path, giving angry glares at us. We arrived at the camp's main tent. Raven emerged from it with her mask on. Yang spoke up and said, "Mom." Raven removed her mask, smiled, and said, "Yang. So, after all this time, you finally decided to visit me." Yang's left hand shaking once again, but I placed my hand on her shoulder to calm her. Then she said, "You know that I searched for you. I spent years looking for you." Raven replied, "And you've found me. You were patient, determined, and strong enough to make your dream a reality. Well done, Yang. But did you have to be so rough with my men?" Yang answered, "We didn't want a fight. They started it." Raven said, "Well, you certainly finished it." Then she noticed me and said, "Y/N, it's been a long time since I've seen you. Might I ask why you're here as well?" I crossed my arms and said, "I'm here with my girlfriend. Got a problem with that, Rav?"

There was a brief moment of silence, followed by Raven saying, "Right. I'm sure this is all very overwhelming. But I must admit that you've proven yourself. So any questions you have I'll be happy to answer. You can stay with us tonight. I'll even have the cooks whip up something for you." Yang replied, "That's not why we are here." The bandits reacted to Yang's irreverence and Raven asked, "What was that?" Yang replied, "We aren't here for you. Ruby is somewhere in Mistral. She's with Qrow, and she's going to need my help. I just need you to take us to her." Raven asked, "And why would I do that?" Yang answered, "Because we're family." Raven scowled, and muttered, "Family. Only coming around when they need something. I have to say, I'm disappointed. After all, you found me, didn't you? Why not take that drive and use it to find your little sister if she means that much to you?" Yang answered, "Because you're going to save us time. Ruby was heading to Mistral, but there's no guarantee she's made it there. Looking for her in Anima could take ages. But... Dad told me how your Semblance works." Then I said, "You can bond to certain people. And when you do, you could create a portal that takes you straight to them. You've got one for Tai. One for Yang. One for me. And you've got one for Qrow. He promised me and Yang he'd watch out for Ruby before he left. And we trust him. So, make a portal to Qrow and Ruby, and we'll be on our way."

Raven said, "You know, it takes real strength to march in here and demand such a favor of me. I've got to say, I'm impressed. It's very noble to want to help out your sister. But if she's with Qrow, then she's already a lost cause." Yang asked, "What does that mean?" Raven replied, "You don't want to get mixed up in all of that, Yang. Ozpin is not the man you think he is. And Qrow is a fool for trusting him. I would know, I trusted him once, too." Yang said, "I don't care what you think." Raven responded, "Your choice is your own. All I'm suggesting is that instead of getting wrapped up in something too big for you, for any of us, that maybe you take a moment to wonder if you're already where you belong." Yang replied, "Save your breath. You can spout off whatever you want, but nothing is going to keep me from my sister, or my boyfriend." Raven said, "Well, aren't you stubborn." Yang replied, "I get it from my mom." Raven said, "Well, if that's how you feel, then it sounds like we're done here. Take them away." The bandits surround and begin to move in on Yang and I. Yang sees this, before turning her head back to Raven and saying, "Did you not hear me? I said send us to Qrow, damn it!" Her eyes turned red as she spouted her last statement. One of the bandits spoke up and said, "That's enough! You watch your mouth in front of our leader!" Some of the bandits tensed up behind him and Yang said, "Make me." The bandit tried to attack Yang, but Yang punched the bandit into a tent, revealing Weiss, one person that I had missed quite a lot, in a cage. Weiss looked at us and said, "Yang? Y/N?"

3rd Person POV

Weiss turned to her miniature Arma Gigas and made it grow, destroying the cage in the process. She quickly made her way towards Yang and Y/N, with the now giant Arma Gigas following close behind. Yang looked at Arma Gigas and asked, "What is that?" Weiss replied, "Don't worry about it. What are you two doing here?" Yang gestured to Raven and said, "Well, that's my mom and she can take us to Ruby." Then Raven responded, "Ugh." Weiss replied incredulously, "Your mom kidnapped me?!" Yang looked at Raven and said, "You kidnapped her?!"

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.