Vol. 2 Ch. 21 The Mission Begins

Your POV

As the bullhead reaches the destination, in the middle of the street, we all disembark from it and it flies away. Then Oobleck said, "Alright everyone you still may be students, but as of this moment, your first mission as Huntsman and Huntresses has begun. From this point forward, you need to do exactly as I say. Do you understand?!" We all nodded in agreement, but Professor Oobleck noticed Ruby carrying her pack still and said, "Ruby! I thought I told you to leave all your bags back at school?!" Then Ruby said, "But you hadn't told us to listen to you yet.....so...I didn't." I heard Oobleck mumble to himself, "She's not wrong." Upon hearing Ruby's excuse, I pinched the bridge of my nose and whispered in her ear, "Ruby, now is not the best time to act like such a smart ass." Then Oobleck said, "Very well, Ruby, leave your bag here, we can pick it up on your return." Ruby hesitated and said, "But I, uhh..." Then Oobleck asked, "Young lady, what in the world could you possibly have in that bag that could be so important to bring it...."

Then a small dog casually pops out of Ruby's bag and barks at Dr. Oobleck, causing him to stop talking mid sentence. The doctor said, "We're here to investigate an abandoned urban jungle, teeming with death and hostility, and you brought.. a dog?" Ruby replied, "...uhh..." Then Oobleck said, "Genius!" Professor Oobleck quickly grabbed the dog from Ruby's backpack, admiring the new canine member of the team. Then he said, "Canines are historically known for their perceptive nose and heightened sense of sound, making them excellent companions for a hunt such as ours!" Ruby said, "I'm a genius!"

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Ruby devouring a mountain of cookies)

"Ahh wonderful, a textbook camp fire," Oobleck said, dashing into the room. "Fire!" Ruby yelled as she jogged up to it and knelt down by it. "Soo warm," she said as she warmed her self up. Then Oobleck said, "Very good! Eat your dinner and hurry to bed. We have a lot of ground to cover tomorrow and I need you to take turns watching over our temporary abode. So any volunteers for first watch?" Ruby raised her hand and said, "Yo." She started walking over to the watch point that I was sitting at before Yang got Ruby's attention, by saying, "Hey. Did Oobleck ask you why you wanted to be a huntress, I mean what did you tell him?" "Hmm, No, he didn't. Weird, oh well, good night guys," Ruby replied, walking the rest of the way to the watch point. The rest of us finished eating and went to bed, thinking about what Oobleck asked us that day. All of the girls tried to sleep for hours, but to no avail. Weiss and I were in the same sleeping bag since Yang had decided that Weiss should get to since she was newer to the relationship. However, I had easily drifted off to sleep rather quickly.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.