Chapter Two

Pattie's POV

Jeremy and I decided we should send the boys to bed early, which meant they had to get my son's things in their new rooms.

Jeremy offered to give Derek a hand with his stuff, while I was helping Justin.

Jason seemed displeased with the fact he was going to share a room with Justin, but I needed Justin to be close to me in case he panics.

I wasn't very impressed with the almost completely nude photos of women scattered across the walls, but I didnt want to say anything - it was only our first night.

Justin stood right behind me as I made his bed, covering it with his favorite Spongebob bed spread.

I threw on a few of his teddies which included Adventure Time, Regular Show, Looney Tunes, and The Simpson's related characters.

"Mummy," Justin whined a bit as I stood up straight, "I dont like it in here. Can I sleep with you?"

"No, sweetheart. Now get dressed in your pajamas, please." I sighed.

"Where?" Justin blushed and frowned.

Jason was sitting on his bed, texting from his phone I assume.

"Uh, the bathroom, maybe?" I smiled, picking up his pajamas from a suitcase, as well as clean underwear.

"I dont want to go by myself." Justin frowned more.

"It's right across the hall, please don't whine." I frowned back, directing him in the direction of the room.

He slowly walked over, closing the door behind him.

I then took the chance to look at Jason, "Thank you for letting Justin stay in your room." I smiled.

"I didn't let him, my Dad said I had to." Jason rolled his eyes a bit, looking back at me.

I sighed, "I know you don't know us very well, but we're going to be a family now..."

"Justin whines a lot, I don't like it." Jason crossed his arms, "No offence, but I doubt I'll get along with you and your son's."

I rose a brow, "It sounds like a challenge, Jason." I stated, a slight smirk meeting my lips, "But I assure you, you'll get used to us eventually." I chuckled softly.

Justin came back in and pouted, "Its cold."

"Come on, in bed now." I peeled back the blanket and directed him onto the bed.

Jason simply tossed his phone aside and walked out the room while I tucked Justin into his bed.

"I'm only down the hall, darling." I cooed, kissing his forehead, "I'm gonna say goodnight to Derek, and then I'll give you another tuck into bed before I go to sleep myself." I promised.

"Can I have a glass of water?" Justin asked.

"I'll bring it up with me." I said, making sure the blanket engulfed him, to keep him warm, before I turned on my heels and left the room.

Derek's POV

Jeremy placed my suitcase in the corner of the room after I had just finished making my bed.

"Thanks." I nodded to him.

Jeremy smiled, "You're welcome... I'll leave you boys to it." He pointed at Spencer, "Be nice, kiddo."

Spencer rolled his eyes, "Okay, night."

"Night." Jeremy smiled and walked out.

I sat on my bed and sighed, looking around my area of the room, before looking at Spencer's.