Ch. 6 Chris's Lecture Part 1

Cruce, Bruce, and Casper,  aka the three diabilitos. They're mama's first cubs. I call them diablitos because they're always up to some sort of prank. These pranks usually target papa Jack and a few other males of this household. Though they're light hearted, can you imagine suddenly being left completely wet, muddy, itchy, or running for water after eating what was once a tasty meal? I personally would explode. Thankfully, since I'm a female, they won't dare try to target me. As I've learned, I'm precious to them. 

Fortunately for the three cubs, their victims know better than retaliating too hard, especially in front of mama. I think papa bear ignores their pranks because it's probably helping them to strengthen their thinking skills for strategies of attacking and escaping. Papa Chris on the other hand, I think he just gets some humor out of it. I suspect that he probably advises them on some of those tricks too.  

Since the diablitos are papa Chris's first cubs, he has made it an enthusiastic mission of teaching them (and me) everything he knows. My brothers would sometimes drag me from whatever I was doing (like playing with bones or pieces of wood, crawling over one of the papa's beast forms, etc.), to listen to his lecture. Such as the one he gave two weeks ago.

------ change of scenery ----- 

On that night, I didn't feel like sleeping. Papa was sleeping in his golden bear form to help keep us warm. Mama was laying close to his belly, then me, and then papa Jack in his semi human form. Squirming out of mama's and Jack's feathery hold, I crawl over to see papa's front paw. His paw is probably four times as big as my body. His paw pads aren't soft, rather they're rough, and I love being mischievous with them. Using my tiny fingers, I softly petted the fur found between his toes.

Hmmm he's not moving, let's try again. Oooohhh he's moving, hehehe. Getting more daring, I start to yank a little bit on the fur found in between his smaller toes. The claws slowly come out and he bends one of his toes to scratch on that spot. Buahaha, again! As I was about to go for another round, a warm, soft, and slightly smelly breeze was felt over my head. I froze. Slowly looking up, I find papa's slightly open sleepy brown eyes staring straight at me... darn, funs over. Giving him a guilty smile and gently tapping his paw, I decided to crawl over to the door. 

What else is there to do?  As I came closer to the door, my ears lightly twitched to the sound of someone clearing their throat. Someones awake, yes!  

That night I remembered the door being slightly open, but the space was still too small for me to pass through. Because of my toddler strength, I had to first sit my behind on the floor in order to then push the heavy wooden door with my tinsy arms. As expected, it hardly moved. Later, I tried pushing it with my head and shoulders. Grrrr, it hurts. Giving it another try, this grand piece of solid wood finally opens. Hmmm, that's weird, it opened easily, too easily. Crawling out of the room, my nose tingles to a recent pine like odor. Papa Chris? Turning left to where the smell came from, I came across slightly dirty feet. 

The toddler's body gave a little jump in seeing the unexpected male. The light skinned male, wearing a printed cloth over his hips, shows a bemused smile, "Suki, don't use your precious head. Next time wake your papas up, okay." Bending over, he then places the cub in his arms and walks silently over to his room. "I was about to teach the triplets about their upcoming hunting trip and I think you should hear this too." 

Arriving at papa Chris's room, it was similar to mama's room in the sense that it also has some furs placed on the ground. However, the room looks ruffle. Besides that, there are three young leopards in the room. The one with the light blue eyes was munching on a bone, while the other with the hazel eyes similar to papa Chris was wrestling with the one with light brown eyes. However, as soon as they saw me in their papa's arms, the one with the bone quickly spit it out while the other two tried to untwist from each other's limbs. They then quickly morph back into what looks like angelic 15 year old boys. Good grief my eyes. Seeing that I was looking elsewhere, they hurriedly searched for their cloths. 

"Suki, you're here!" gushes Casper. "Can I hold you?" asks Cruz with his gentle hazel eyes. "Give it up Cruz," nudges Bruce, he then smirks "you know Chris won't hand her over to your weak arms." "Whose weak!" Cruz aggresively whispers his sibling.

A throat clears, "okay cubs, try not to distract Suki, she needs to hear tonight's lecture." He then walks over to the side of the room where the thicker fur coverings were laid and sat down. The triplets walked over to their father and made a semi circle in front of him. Chris then places me on the furs and turns me around to face him. I felt someone lifting me up onto their laps. By their scent I could tell this was Cruz. 

Sigh, I feel like a plush toy.  Why don't you just try squeezing me next and see what comes out...