Ch. 88 The Mighty Jungle, the Cubs are Playing Predator.. A Weeeeeeee

"Come again?"

"I'm coming where?" asks a perplexed elder.

Sigh, I forget that some terms can be taken literally here.

Slowly I started my question while hoping that I heard wrong.

"Grandpa Liam, I'm," moving a finger to my face, "am going with them" pointing a thumb behind me to the bunch of those never ceasing of energy male cubs, "to hunt?"

With a knowing smile grandpa Liam confirms an outing that I never had to do when I took his class. "And since your two males will be accompanying us, that'll be added protection. Thank you Suki for being so understanding."

What understanding? This, this, I've never hunted in my entire life! Before I could disagree, two pairs of hands took a hold of each of my legs, while a third and fourth pair of hands took hold of my hands. Four cute voices shout in delight. "Yay, sister is coming with us!!" giddily shouts the third born of the triplets. "We'll hunt a bunch of yummy prey for you!" seriously says the second born as he gives me expectant eyes. "Even tastier prey than the one your males give you!" shouts the first born of the hatchlings as he smugly sticks his tongue out at a stiff smiling Radu. "Suki, Suki, we miss you so much!" angelically smiles the youngest of the quads as he gently tugs at my other hand.

Ha, tsk, what a sly old beastman.

----- - ---- - ----- - ------

"Rabbit!, rabbit! Go for it Jake," whisper shouts in anticipation Johnny as he tries to control himself from fidgeting.

"Got it, let's get into place," whisper shouts the oldest to his brothers.

"Sis, sis, watch this, we'll definitely get that prey for you," says Josh as he starts to climb a different tree from the youngest.

"Wai,wait for me," cries Jamie slightly as he follows the oldest orders.

As for me, well... I AM SO HUNGRY!!! And sweaty and sticky and itchy ugh!!!

We've been out in the woods for I believe two hours now and so far we've only caught two preys. One of which was a surprised squirrel who fell in shock by one of the quads' sneaky traps and the other was a bird who curiously became frozen in midair. Taking this chance, it gives two of my little brothers enough time to grab and squash the bird's neck. Notice that both prey are ummm rather small.

As for this current prey, the rabbit is uncannily way too stiff. Though my brothers think they were whispering, they are clearly shouting in an environment where they shouldn't even be talking. Especially Jamie, not sure if it's because he's the youngest, but gosh his wailing reminds me of Brock.

Then again, I shouldn't criticize them so much since I'm not much of a hunter... like at all. I mean, yeah I've got the reflexes, most probably better than my younger brothers. But I don't have the skills or expertise of my males when they're off hunting.

Example, the quads have already learned how to walk silently through the woods. Me? I accidentally made so much noise walking that at the end grandpa Liam had to recommend for either Radu or Adan to carry me while our tribe male cubs looked at me pitifully.

--- - --- - ---

Taking Suki on the cubs outing has been devastating for her. Our females are to be tended to but since this is part of her punishment, it is something neither I or Radu could growl in defiance at.

At this moment our female is sitting on Radu's lap, despite his constant swinging tail, she's constantly scratching at the bug bites and has a deadpan expression on her face whenever she believes her younger siblings aren't watching. Next to those two lies a skinned bag filled with the prey that the crow hatchlings were able to hunt. Unfortunately for Suki, she's unused to the amount of waiting time, flies, mosquitos, and climate that awaits the predator while he patiently hunts. As a female of our tribe and from what I've observed of her, she's never been trained to hunt. She's never had to pass through what we males are now used to in order to survive.

Wishing I could speed up Healer Liam's class, I've decided to every now and then silently let out a killing intent toward the cubs prey. So far this would be the third time that I've helped those feather brains. However, peering with my good eye I can tell this would also be the last time since the elder is scowling at me with crossed arms. Sorry Suki.

------------------------- - ---------------------- - ------------------------

Author's Note:

I'm sorry readers for having taken a while to post a chapter. This one feels like a neh. Been tired, like waking up constantly at night type of tire. Reason, been taking care of a 4 week old pup who is filled with worms** pooping is ack. 

So yeah, I'm hoping that my next chapter will be more entertaining. 

Abrazos!