Ch. 91 Autumn Campfire Part 2

Dark brown eyes and dark blue eyes observe the interactions of their tribesmen. In one campfire a spunky cinnamon wavy hair half-female is laughing boisterously with her males while making flirtatious eye contact to the area where the single males have made their own campfires. Glancing around, the two spotted a few other females pruning either their paws or hair while giving paused glances at that area as well. However, only a few didn't dance to this season's opportunity.

"I've counted five," said the owner of the blue eyes.

"Mmm, that's less than last winter," responds the other.

"Seems like the females haven't had much of a need to bring in more males..." comments the wolf beastmen as he feels conflicted in feeling joy that they've had peace for while and yet feels sadness at their young males wasting away.

Recalling the conversation they had with the others, Axel lets out a sigh of what's going to be shared tonight. "After our speech they'll be more willing."

After glancing back at their females they both simultaneously confidently walk to the center of their tribesmen.

------ - ----- - ----- - ------

"Oh, so that's how it goes? Nice!" grins Sheila as she licks her fingers at the peace of meat given to her by one of her guards.

"Yes, and remember to keep your eyes open because that might happen tonight," I respond as my mouth salivates for another meaty bite.

"Roger that!" yells Sheila as she pretends to salute to me.

Letting out a helpless grin, my ears twitched to one of her guards asking the other, "who's Roger?", while my males just ignored the boundless odd words that they've been hearing since she used to live with us.

The male who muttered was about to ask the now silently eating girl when a lone wolf howled. We all then stopped what we were doing and slowly nodded our heads at our two Clan Leaders standing in the middle of our tribesmen circle of campfires.

"Spring and Summer have passed, blessing us with many preys, health, water, cubs, and peace! Now in Autumn, we would like to howl in joy for two of our females, Elena and Jazz, who gave birth within the past two seasons. We would also howl for the blessings our Clear Lake Tribe has been given in furthering the taste of our meats and in saving our food for this winter! Let's howl our joy, let's howl for our blessings so that we can show how much we appreciate them!" shouts Leader James and he then ends his speech with a long thunderous howl.

Following our leader with joy in our hearts we all then lift our faces to the sky and howl while others growl out our appreciation of having our tribe safe, healthy, and alive.

After our voices die down, Leader Axel then steps forward and makes contact with all of us females followed up by the head males of each female (with the exception of my males since I don't have an appointed head male as of yet.. I'm getting there).

Holding pieces of hair on his hand along with a few teeth, Leader Axel growls out, "after tonight our single males will scout in groups to a place further away from our tribe. For this hair belongs to a dead female."

Gasps from females and growls from some of the males voiced out.

"And these teeths belong to several unknown dead beastmen."

Silence was met. Yea'p, our tribe doesn't care about other tribes' dead males.

"Learn this, younger beastmens, unknown males and a dead female can bring calamity to our tribe!"

Now to this a few fearful and angry growls were heard everywhere. If it wasn't so serious I'd be belly laughing at the odd worldview. Speaking of which, I can see Sheila slapping her forehead.

"Where did they come from?" growls a head male who is gently hugging his now scared female.

A closer wolf beastmen sniffs the air toward our Leader's hand and grunts, "they have no common scent."

Lowering his hand he then gives the objects to Vick and papa? When did they get back???

Papa ignores my pointed stare and steps forward to answer the grumbling males, "seven corpses were found while we were hunting in the forest of the colossals." Before any other male could point out the possibility, papa continues, "before their body was torn by them, they had areas in their bodies where it's likely that either a strong beastmen or a group of beastmens fatally hurt them. As for scents, they are not close to our territory... it is possible that these beastmens came from the deep south east shore."

Leader Axel then lets out a deep roar, immediately shutting the incoming questions of our tribesmen, including mine. "We will continue this topic tomorrow with our warriors, of those male who belong in families you are welcome to join. Now, enjoy the rest of this season's campfire."

Papa Dash still hasn't made contact with me, instead he steadily walks toward mama's campfire. Glancing at mama's face I can see that she's biting on her lower lip in worry.

Puffing out through my nose, my body curls into Wyatt. If mama is worried, then my family should be as well. Attempting to snuggle further into him, Wyatt lovingly brings his arms over my body which helps me to feel safer. On my other side Leo tries to distract me by licking the meat juice off my fingers while Radu's dark purple eyes glances at me then at the rest of our family. Finally, lifting my face off of Wyatt's purring chest, my eyes search for Adan.

"Do not worry, he's talking to leader James," softly says Radu as he walks over to me and hands over a bowl of water."

Taking a snip of the water, he then asks while giving me an encouraging smile, "what would you like for us to do?"

Do what? To track where they came from? To fight? To die? Never! "Stay with me," I slowly growl as I stare into his eyes and then to Leo's, Wyatt, and finally Adan's bright blue eye from far away. "I will not have my males die hunting an unknown," I say out loud as I stare heavily at Adan to dare him not to do the unthinkable. Adan nods his head at me, smiles, and continues talking to Leader James.

Radu then kneels in front of me and takes one of my hands to his face. "We are good males, each of us has a way to protect you, but Suki you..." Holding the pain in his eyes, he continues, "you need more males." Wyatt stops purring and before I could reject Radu's advice, someone bite down on my finger.

"Owww, what was that for Leo?!" The curly hair male gently smiles with his wicked tongue licking his lips, "though we get jealous, it's true Suki that if something were to happen to the tribe you'd need more males to protect you." While he talks he has slowly brought my bitten finger to his lips, giving them a long twirled lick he hotly looks into my eyes, "we understand, you understand too, no?"

Purring in satisfaction I bobbled my head yes like a dumb dumb.

"Good," says Wyatt as he then lowers his face to my cheeks and gives them a peck. "Now let us help you to choose some." Whaa.. what did I agree on just now?

By the way, while Suki and her males were chatting, a certain blonde girl was hotly blushing as she tried to keep her eyes at the fire and not what's going in front of her or at the smirking male sitting beside her.

--- - --- - ---- - ----

Author's Note: (August 13th, 2021)

Yesss peeps! Another chapter in! Woo hoo, soo I've forgot to make the happy dance for chapter 90 but anywhooo look how far we've gotten!

Now, many are excited to see what drama is coming up... and for real, there will be some drama. Just uh, it may take a little while to write it all up since good @#$ this lovely constantly biting pup and my other fur babies have been taking most of my time.

Mmm so here's a question that I'm curious to find out from my readers:

What do you think Vick will be doing at this campfire? Answer will be given in the next chapter, and depending on the answers, I might take some ideas into consideration for later chapters buahahahahah.