Ch. 41 Smothered & Bored

For the first week I've been slowly strengthening my legs as I walk to the river with papa bear. As for coming back, my papa was merciful enough to carry me back. In the second week, I've now been pushed to walk all the way back. My muscles still feel like they're burning every now and then, but now it's like a pleasurable feeling. Odd. Thankfully it's still Spring, but I've been feeling like the weather is slowly warming up. 

 Unfortunately, during these two weeks I've hardly had time to play with Radu since he was usually taken to either hunt or to train with my brothers and papas. Casper, since he was in the same boat as Radu, was either constantly training, sent for hunting, or found play fighting with the other young males. Though what these males consider play fighting is leaving each other barely breathing... alive, but yeah. Bruce and Cruz, on the other hand, whenever they had some free time they are seen hurridly rushing toward the village. Ummm they're probably afraid that Natasha's other suitor may gain more affection points with her than them. Mmmm I can see that, his eyes on the night of the campfire showed a certain playful vibe.

So here I am, without someone near in age to play with since Natasha is busy and Elena is doing her own thing. Sigh, I'm basically surrounded by my papas testosterone desire to have mama to themselves. Maybe that's why most of them are fiercely training. Anyway, that means mama can't play with me like she used. She's occupied with showing her new males around the territory, getting them used to the rules of the tribe, of our family, and making sure that her family was in tune with each other (a.k.a. peace). And it seems like it's working, though papa Jack and I still try to prank papa Juan every now and then since his reactions are just too amusing. And he's a good target to play with whenever I'm bored. Which is basically almost every day. 

Another way to relieve my boredom leaves me to either concentrate on furthering my training.. nahhhhhhhhhhh. Or try to find ways to gain Vick's attention. The phrase 'easier said than done' perfectly applies to me since papa Dash is always but always nearby whenever we head over to the river. I love my papa, love spending time with him, but lately I'm feeling smothered. If papa were to be, say a chicken beast, I can imagine he'd use his big feathery golden behind to suppress me to a nest. 

For example, one day I spotted Vick as papa and I were swimming in the river. Seeing the black bear beast, I hurriedly paddled my way toward him. My heart felt like it was beating faster the closer this beast was seen. Noticing my eagerness, Vick's beast stares at me and then snorts. Huh? Before, I could understand why he would laugh, I was suddenly paddling in the air. Guess what happened. Papa Dash in his beast form dunked his huge head under the water and lifted me up. So here I was baffled because I was now lying on top of papa's head. Needless to say, any other time I tried to get closer, papa bear always found a way to stop me. Huff, someone tattled on me. 

"Suki, what's wrong?"

Looking up with a pout I look at mama's exhausted yet worried eyes. 

Glancing around, I spot some of the papas looking at us. 

"Mama" I say as I lift my arms to her. 

Lucy carries her cub to her chest, "what is it Suki?"

"Can we talk outside?" pauses, "alone?"

Lucy lightly bites her lip, softly nods her head and walks outside. When one of her males tried to follow, Lucy shakes her head in no and comments that she won't be far. 

Under a sky filled with stars, I tattle with a few sniffles to mama about how there was no one to play with, how I miss her, and how papa bear kept me from talking to Vick. 

Mama kept hugging me tightly throughout my story and gave me soft kisses on my cheeks and head. "I am so sorry my little cub, I was so worried about having a peaceful family that I ended up forgetting about your needs." Cuddling into her shoulders, mama kept promising that she'll be better and she'll make sure that Radu and my brothers would be around more. 

"No mama, I understand that they got to get stronger and I know that Bruce and Cruz are worried about Natasha." Mama giggles, "but they're still cubs" pauses, "and I'm sure your papas can make do with not having Radu hunting with them for a little while." I brightly smile back, "really?" Mama seriously nods and smiles back, "really."

"Now tell me about Vick," commands mama with a spark in her eyes. I happily ended up telling mama about how he saved me at the river and at the campfire. And how Radu and I decided that we would try to have him in our family. Mama, though worried at first, later beams at my plan. "That's really wise of you, but how's it going?" With this question, I then describe to mama how papa bear stopped any contact with Vick. Mama blows a lock of hair away from her face, "yeah that's a typical Dash". 

"Since he is the head male of our family and your father, your papa is tad bit more protective of you than your other papas," says Lucy as she comforts me. "I'll talk to him alone and let him know that this is for your future safety." With this Suki further cuddles into her mother's embrace and gives her a ton of wet smooches. 

A roar is heard not too far away, sounding eerily familiar. With a lifted eyebrow, mama smiles gently and comments, "it's getting late, let's go back inside before all of your papas come outside." 

I knew it! Papas wouldn't so easily let mama and I go outside by ourselves so easily. Seeing her cub puffing up, Lucy laughs, "it's for our safety Suki" and then she lightly taps her cub's nose. Mama's action immediately reminded Suki of what papa Dash showed her not too long ago with his claw. Smiling reluctantly I agree. Mama then lowers her face to my ear and whispers, "tomorrow, two weeks have passed for the new beastmens, which means another tribal campfire." Then adds, "there you could try without papas hindering to get close to Vick." 

Giggling merrily both mother and cub walk back to their den while a few pairs of glowing eyes faithfully follow them behind.