Ch. 99 Attack on the Clear Lake Tribe Part 1

Puffs of air are barely seen from a single male wolf beast hidden underneath the snow. His eyes steadily wander over the forest layout with ears erect for any noise. As his eyes wander his mind flashes to the many good memories he has made. As a single male, he has been blessed to have lived for 61 winters.  Most were of peace, however of the few times their tribe was attacked, he was able to come out stronger from it. Sadly, though, never given the gift of being able to enter a female's family, he at least was able to witness some of his brethren have cubs of their own. Those furry cubs are his joy, their tribe's joy. Unfortunately, tonight, compared to past battles and the appearance of the Unique One, he knew that he and others might..

Crunch. Narrowing his eyes, his ears slowly move back. Quietly, he sticks his nose to the air and sniffs. Hmm.. interesting. Their scent is almost non-existent. Crunch. Holding onto a whine, he nervously places his feet underneath his body, readying himself for an attack. They're here. The enemy is here. His snout showing razor sharp teeth opens in anticipation to finish them off.

Patiently, he waits for the enemy to cross his vision. Unexpectedly, a short wolf howl followed by an immediate cry of pain was suddenly heard not too far away from him. Given that signal, the male rushes out from his hiding place and immediately follows his senses to where he last heard their noise. Finally, taking a look at the enemies appearance he, along with a few of his other tribe males let out a howl, then proceeded to attack while protecting the fastest of their own to carry the description to their Clan Leaders.

--- - --- - change of scenery - --- - ---

Awwooooo. Howls are heard from two opposite corners of their tribe territory. Quickly followed by their howls, deep growls and screams of pain and anger can be heard echoing throughout the land. 

Leo, listening to the gruesome fighting outside, shakily walks toward the loudly snoring giant black bear beast. "Okay, Leo, you can do this. He is on our side, so he won't really hurt you... besides you're fast, you're quick, you were able to run away from him before and you can do it again." Ignoring the noises that sounded like they were getting closer to them, breathing in and out, he finally bravely closes the distance to one of the bear beast paws.

Poke. "Wake upp" whispers Leo. Poke, poke. Nothing.

Slowly letting one of his claws come out, he tenderly pokes Vick's paw again annnndd nothing. Not even a change in snores.

His ear then twitches to the sound of a couple of running paws toward their direction. "Come on!!! Wake up!" whisper shouts Leo while frankly shaking the huge paw.

Nothing... again.

Getting as much breath into his lungs, Leo finally morphs into his leopard beast and at last minute decides on a more effective way for Vick to wake up soon.... for the sound of the battle is now in their forest!!

In what appears to be a small den, bursts in supremely fast speed an extremely scared leopard beast running desperately toward the battle lines. A second behind him roars a loud ferocious beast whose anger shakes the den's structure. The leopard beast who finally spots the first enemy quickly changes his terror to a killer aura and dives his bloody teeth first to the cougar's neck.

Not too far off bursts a red eye alpha black bear beast from the rubble of a den and charges with an intent to mangle the obnoxiously absurd leopard beast that dared to bite his paw!

However, spotting beasts with scents not from their tribe, Vick furiously shakes his head while letting out another outrage roar at the real enemy.

Close to the small den lies a much bigger den. In front of this den stands Radu with his arms to the side, with Wyatt in his beast form who had a bit of green goo on his nose, and Adan also in his beast form making a barricade that's protecting a now wide-eyed Suki.

"Hey... Radu... umm, did you forget to give Leo grandpa Liam's medicine?" asks Suki as she watches the battle not too far away from them. Though she asks this, her just now awoked brain doesn't want to comprehend that she's looking at beastmen dying... that her tribe is actually being attacked.

Chapter originally written and published on October 26 2021 in Wa tt pa d. Time: 13:08