Ch. 85 Punishment

Murmurs filled with skepticism toward the kneeling male were sounded throughout the viewers. Though the female did say that the male never drew blood from her, it did not sound well to them that the male went against their tribe's foremost rule of not harming a female. On the other hand, the female also committed a wrong...

The Wolf Clan Leader raised his hand once more. Following his movement, the villagers quiet down. 

"Adan and Neal, step into the circle and tell us what you saw," commands Leader James. 

Close to the female's left, a two mark male with straight light dark toffee blonde hair walks slowly into the circle. Apart from the noticeable barely healing left hand and shoulder, this male holds a defined mole placed under his now left peculiar cloudy steel blue eyes that appears to have been clawed by a huge beast. Standing on her right side, Adan attempts to block the kneeling male's sight from his female.

On the back of a circle a tan younger looking male walks in and decides to stand respectfully behind the kneeling figures. With nervous dark brown eyes he deeply nods his head at the two Clan Leaders. 

Axel stares into both males beasts eyes while silently lamenting at the wolf beast's lost of sight. "First Adan, last Neal, you may begin to tell us from the beginning what you saw and heard."

As they retold their story, Suki began to have flashbacks to the day after the male leopard tried to hurt her so many winters ago. 

It was a fresh spring morning, she was but a cub back then and was sulking to why papa bear was no longer carrying her on his back. Painfully smiling at the memory, Suki recalled his lecture well.

"As a female, and a cub at that, you were no match for an adult male, much less a two mark male..." Sigh, her papa had warned her and showed her a glimpse of a males power. Listening and seeing, he showed me how a male could easily hurt a female. If only I stuck to his lecture, then I wouldn't have ever tried to place my claws on him, an alpha male. 

As the two males spoke, my eyes slowly looked over Adan. Even now, though he's hurt, injured, and considered disabled to this world, he still places his body between me and Vick. Another memory of that spring morning pop's into my head. "Females are everything to us males. We would sacrifice ourselves to keep you and your mama safe" said Papa Bear when he explained to me how my mother would've tried to attack the leopard male if he had tried to hurt me further.

I don't deserve Adan's love, his sacrifice,... but I can't nor will I let him go.

Letting my eyes go back to my clenched hands, my thoughts wander to Vick. The day the leopard male grabbed onto my wrist, the first to attack that male was Radu but the one to make that beastmen fall was Vick. Vick took his position of defending and protecting our tribe and us females very serious. Yet, I've always felt or hoped that I had made a special place in his hard heart. For example, in that campfire night of when my family came back, the day at the river where Vick slaughtered that fish, and all the other times that I've been able to spend time with him, I thought I was close to having him feel attraction towards me. But now... I'm afraid. 

My lips begin to quiver. Noticing the warning in my head, I firmly locked my jaws. I will not cry here! I will not show my tribe my weakness! Much less to him...

He doesn't deserve to be scorned. And I know I shouldn't be afraid of him...yet, sigh, now.. I no longer plan to chase him. Blinking my eyes, I realized, I don't want to have him. After so many winters, I finally realized that I don't want him in my family. 

He ended up hurting my males and may end up continue to hurt them. But it's my fault. He has scared and hurt me... yet it started with my claw. Am I the victim? Because heck, I'm so confused right now.