Ch. 11 'Nants ingonyama bagithi babaaaa' (a.k.a. Baby Simba's theme song)

Following the river leading downhill, I could finally see the first few tents and market stalls. Aware that we're nearing the village, the golden bear beast slows down to a walk. The closer he got to said structures, the more villagers stopped to stare at his female. 

"Wasn't Lucy here yesterday?" someone questions.

"She was, maybe she's here to pick something up," scratches a good spot behind his ear, responds one of the vendors.

"Oh, I hope she's here to choose me as her male," mutters a hopeful voice. 

"You? Dream on!" shouts a bewildered male. 

The bear beast heavily keeps on walking toward a particular stall, but only his menancing eyes stayed on the one who foolishly muttered that idiotic statement.  

"Oh, I smell..." sniff, sniff, "her scent... Oh," comments a surprised male.

"She had a female cub," happily comments a nearby villager.

So many noisy beastmen though can't really look because I'm still hugging mama's waist. 

The slender black hair woman puffs out her chest, throws her hair back, and steadily places her hands on her little cub's body to get her ready to face the villagers. ...frankly, I don't think I want to... wait mama, don't turn me around, you can't

Unfortunately for this proud adult female, the little one would not budge from her waist. The still smiling female tries again without any luck (she doesn't want to make a scene okay), and so she starts with underhandedly tickling the little cub. 

Nooo, I can't hold on, I, I, it tickles soo badly, ahhhh, enough mama, stop, stop, I surrender (cry)

Feeling the pressure lessen on her waist, the female immediately spins her cub forward, places her near her chest, and gives out a beaming smile. Opposite to the mother, the cub is shown with watery eyes and a fierce blush. 

I feel like Simba ಥ_ಥ 

"The bear clan gains another female!" cheers a grey haired thin male in a gruff like voice. 

Some of the others in the crowd also cheer. 

"I should introduce her to my cubs, Mario, go get them!" shouts a tall medium blond hair female to, I suppose, her equally tall male. After that, several beasts were seen running in different directions. 

"Score," whispers mama in delight, while the beast underneath gives out a snort. 

The bear beast then stops near the purple market stall and softly lies down. My brothers that were walking behind papa, morph into their teenage selves and stand beside him. Papa Jack, in his half beast form soon shows up from the sky and lands in front of Dash's side. The crow beastman grabs the female waist with familiarity and then gently places her down on the ground. Mother gives her thanks and walks closer to the booth. Behind the booth there stands two beastmens, one is the skinny grey haired male from before and beside him is a much younger brown hair male. 

"Greetings elder," gently bows mother. 

"Please Lucy, call me grandpa Liam," smiles the wrinkly faced male. 

"Then, greetings grandpa Liam," smiles Lucy. "I would like for the Clan Leader to know that I gave birth this winter to a healthy half-female." She then places the little cub on top of the stall. The little cub's eyes widened, looking between her mother and the unknown male. I'm not letting go of you this time mama!  

The old male joyfully laughs in seeing that the healthy little female cub has some strength in her grip. "I'm not going to trade you little one," he then adds, "what's your name?" 

The little cub gives him a nervous smile and in a soft voice responds, "Suki." The cub pauses, then adds in a sweeter voice, "grandpa Liam". Hey, mama's a good teacher

"Mmmm," the elderly man scratches his chin. Oii don't think my cute attack didn't work, I see you hiding your smile.

Taking advantage of my huge brown eyes, I tilt my head and give him a questioning look. Grandpa Liam lowers his hand which reveals a barely upturn smile, "I see you're both cunning and gentle." Me? Cunning? I glance at mama's face and she looks proud, so I'm guessing that's a good thing. "And by your round ears and smell, I'd say bear." "But just to confirm an even more obvious guess, who's the father?" he asks the adults. 

"I am," says papa Dash. 

"Good, Clan Leader will be delighted," grins the old male. He then finally looks at the young male beside him and says, "after my pupil Charles checks your cubs eyes and heartbeat, she'll be free to go." 

Two grown males, three young males, and two females turn to look at the quiet male. The male gulps and lowers his head. Seeing his submissive behavior, mama nods her head and gives her consent. Meanwhile both papas decide to be merciful and look elsewhere in order for the young skittish healer-to-be to do his work.