Edoras

We arrived to Edoras. It was a beautiful city made of wood that was decorated with beautiful ornaments. As an elf raised in forest where trees live, I didn't really appreciate wood architecture, but the Golden hall of Meduseld was really beautiful.

" Here dwells Theòden, king of Rohan, whose mind has been poisoned by Saruman. Be careful what you say. Do not expect welcome here." said Gandalf severely.
I wrapped my arms tighter around Legolas' waist as we rode the last miles. He was breathing hard.
" Lle maer, meleth nìn?" I asked him quietly.
" Yes, it's just... I can't wait for Edoras." he said, smiling brightly.
" Is it so amazing there ?" I giggled.
" You'll see." he said and stopped the horse.

I jumped down and followed Aragorn to the hall. Everyone here was quiet, dressed in black. O was wondering what could possibly happened. In front of the gate stood a lady. She was beautiful, with long weavy golden hair, pale face, of taller figure but not as tall as I was. However in her face I saw  suffering. Her blue eyes still wet from tears she cried out a while ago. I couldn't gaze at her more because she dissapeared in the wooden walls.

" I can't allow you to enter the hall armed." said a soldier, who Gandalf introduced to us as Háma.
Everyone gave him their weapons. I handed him by bow and the quiver full of arrows. When I was puting it down from my back a flower fell on the ground. It was the one that Galadriel gave me. What a concidience that it fell right now. I would have forget I had it. As I was bending over and reaching for the flower, Háma touched my back.
" The dagger my lady." he said pointing to my back.
" Here you are." I said surprised still hiding my knife. I have to keep it. For safety. Then someone grabbed my belt and took the knife. I saw Gandalf handing it to Háma. Treator.  I giggled as we entered the hall of the King.

" My lord, Gandalf the Grey is coming. He's not welcomed." said an ugly, white skinned man with greasy black hair and faded grey eyes.
" Why should I welcome you, Gandalf the Grey ?" asked Theoden with a weak voice. He looked really bad.  Old and dry as burned branch.
Gríma came to Gandalf, leaning closely to him, trying to blame him for his late arrival.
" Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth ! I have not passed trough fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm !" yelled Gandalf raising his staff.
" I told you you should take it from him !!!" shouted Gríma.
The guards tried to stop Gandalf. As soon as one of them was close, I punched him into his face hardly.

" Too long have you sat in the shadows Theodèn." started Gandalf, now standing opposite the throne.
" I release you from the spell!" he yelled.
Saruman's voice argued with him while Theoden was aching and trying to breathe.
" Begone !!!!!" Gandalf yelled and Theoden immediately changed.

His face was now younger, full of strength and power with royal blue eyes, his white hair turned into golden locks.
He came to the lady and brushed her cheek.
" I know your face... Eowyn."
She smiled and tears filled her eyes in happiness.
When she left the hall I followed her.

" It had to be hard to see someone so dear to you to struggle like that." I said walking over to her.
" Yes it was. But it's better now. He's himself again. You know... He has never been my father but... I've always loved him as one. " she said and looked into my eyes.
" I know that feeling. I grew up in Rivendell, the kingdom of elves in the north. Lord Elrond adopted me 800 years ago and he raised me like his own. " I said and smiled.
" Wow. I can't imagine living so long. You must have so much experience.
" I have. But still I feel very young and inexperienced. Mamy things are new to me.
" It looks like we're quit alike." she smiled.
" Yes.." I said smiling too.
" I am Eowyn." she continued, walking.
" Nathìniel." I replied.
" It is a beautiful name. You yourself are. I've heard about elven beauty in stories but couldn't imagine it. If you will allow me, I have a dress that will perfectly fit you Nathìniel. Do you want to try it ?"
" Oh that would be a pleasure ! But can I though ? You are the royalty here."
" Oh don't be silly. Besides, I have ni doubt that the blonde elf will like how you'll look in it." she winked at me and showed me to follow her.
" How do you..."
" It's obvious honey." she laughed and handed me a beautiful emerald dress with golden ornaments, a golden crown and golden shoes.

" she laughed and handed me a beautiful emerald dress with golden ornaments, a golden crown and golden shoes

She braided my hair and with sweet pride of friendship showed me to go and catch up with Legolas