The ranger

Note: This memory is happening 864 years after Nathìniel arrived to Rivendell. Now she us 20 ( 2880 elven) years old.

It was a normal day like any other before. I would never thought that this day would change my life.

I was heading to the dining room for breakfast. Sun was shining, it was a beautiful day. I was thinking about the sun and I didn't saw a young man walking towards me. I bumped to him. Again. I need to focus on reality more. I thought to myself while he was picking me up from the floor.
" I'm sorry. I always have my head in the clouds." I said smiling.
" That's alright. I often do the same." he winked at me and continued : " I wanted to ask you if you know where is the dinning hall."
" Sure. Follow me. "
" May I ask for your name ?"
" I'm Nathìniel, daughter of lord Elrond."
" I'm sorry my lady, I didn't know..."
" It's alright. And who are you Mr. Stranger ? " I teased him.
" I'm a ranger. They also call me strider but my real name is Aragorn."
" Well Aragorn.. We're finally here."
We entered the dinning hall.

I was sitting next to my sister Arwen.
" Doesn' he remind you of soneone ?" she asked me pointing to Aragorn.
" No. He said he is a ranger. His name is Aragorn."
" It's Estel." she said smiling.
"  Estel ? Why didn't he introduced himself. He changed so much !" the moment I said it their eyes met and I saw sparkles in Arwen's eyes.
" Still can't stop looking at him, right muinthel nín ?" I asked but I didn't get the answer because my father started to speak.
" Dear companions who are sitting here with me. Today we have a special guest. Estel. Aragorn. I raised him as my own but then he left us and wandered the wilds for a long time. Now he is back. Known as Strider, one of the Dunadain rangers. Speak my son." he said and Aragorn stood up.
" It's a pleasure to be home again. I spent all the time exploring and hunting orcs. I missed the waterfalls of Imladris, but I stopped here only to rest. I wil continue in my journey tomorrow. That's all I wanted to say my lord." he sat back on his chair.
That moment an old memory came to my mind. The orcs. I promised. I have to.
I stood up.
" I'll leave with him." I said proudly.
" Nathìniel you can't... "
" Ada. I promised. I promised that I will revenge them." I interrupted my father.
" But Nathìniel, you were supposed to..." started Arwen.
" Let her go." said my father.
" Thank you Ada." I replied and smile.
" But whenever you'll want to come back you will be always welcomed here." with those words he left the hall and I did the same.

I sat on my bed and started to pack my things. I took my bow and bunch of arrows, silver dagger with emeralds and knife with a wooden handle.

I put on brown leather boots, dark tights, linnen tunnic with a leather belt ( I put the knife and dagger in it) and a dark brown cloak with a hood. I looked through a window one last time. Then someone knocked on the door.
" Come in." I said.
Arwen entered the room, her eyes full of tears. I pulled her into a strong embrace and looked into her dark blue, worried eyes.
" I will be alright. I promise" I said and she took me into her arms again.
" I will miss you muinthel nín. So much." she said crying.
" I will miss you more." I smiled.
" I will. " we stayed quiet for a while and than she whispered:
"Aragorn said that you'll leave when the sun sets."
" I'm prepared." I smiled and she left the room.

Time skip

Sun was almost behind the hills so I decided to find Aragorn. After a long time of searching I still couldn' t find him. I walked to the park but after a few steps I stopped. He was there standing, holding Arwen's hands and looking to her eyes. She slowly put her lips on his. I shouldn't be here so I ran to my bedroom.

Soon we were at the gate of Rivendell. My father was coming down the stairs and I ran to him.
" Melion lle" I kissed him on his forehead.
" I love you too iel nìn.
I embraced him one last time and followed Aragorn.