Mirkwood

" Welcome in Mirkwood, meleth nín." said Legolas.
The forest was beautiful. Old trees covered with moss were curved and tall, birds were singing a beautiful spring song. It reminded me of home so much.
" It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen."
" You haven't saw my father's halls yet. "
We stopped at a taunt door, an entrance guarded by four elves.

" You can't pass." one of them, a tall blonde elf with dark brown eyes spoke.
" I want to speak with the king."
" He can't recieve any visitors now for he is too busy."
" At least you could refer to him something."
" And that is what?"
" Tell him that his son has returned."
The soldier immediately kneeled.
" Goheno nín, hir nín. Im..."
" Maer." Legolas smiled and showed me to follow him.

It was a magnificient place. The halls were like endless caves formed from branches and roots making corridors and rooms.
" I here some room when I could dress ? I don't think I can show myself to him like this." I said, examining my dirty tunic and bruised arms.
" You look wonderful but if you really want I think I have something special for you."
" What is it ?"

" Close your eyes." I did as he said. I felt his hand taking mine, his other was softly placed on my waist. I carefully stepped forward and then again until he finally told me to open my eyes.
We were in a little room and there was the most beautiful elven gown I've ever seen. It was silver and it looked like it belong to a queen.

 It was silver and it looked like it belong to a queen

" My mother used to wear this. I never saw her but father often said that she looked glorious in it."

I softly brushed the cloth. It was soft and smooth like a feather.
Legolas smiled.
I hid behind a curtain and put on the dress. I myself was surprised how good I looked in it. The only problem was it was too big.
I shyly stepped from behind the curtain, blushing deeply when I saw Legolas' wide opened eyes.
" You look Gorgeous... Wonderful... Lovely... Pretty... Beautiful... Stunning...."
I blushed and murmured.
" Hannon le."
" One more thing." He took a silver belt that was lying on the shelf and put it around my waist. Now the dress fitted perfectly

He slowly started stripping the cloth from my shoulders, kissing his way from my lips to my chest.
I stroke my fingers through his hair unbutting his tunic. Suddenly I stopped.
" We must speak with your father!"
" Yes... Right." his cheeks turned bright red as he buttoned up his tunic back.

" My princess" he put a silver crown on my head and we ran to the throne room.

We entered a great hall with a throne made of roots standing high from the ground

We entered a great hall with a throne made of roots standing high from the ground. On the throne sat a very tall man with long white hair and beautiful blue eyes. Legolas' eyes.
He was looking at his lap, not paying attention to us.
Legolas cleared his throat.
Thranduil finally looked up, his dreamy face turned to a happy one when he saw his son.

" Legolas !!!" he quickly got up from the throne running to him, squeezing him tightly.
" Ada I can't breath..."
" Yes.. Hmmm..."  Thranduil felt embarassed.
" Welcome home my son. The kingdom awaits your service and aid." he tried to pretend like the embrace before didn't even happen.

" And may I ask who is this lady that you bring with you ?"
" This is Nathíniel. My only love and star. I want her to be my queen. We are already engaged."
" Engaged ??? You're engaged ? May I ask, my lady who... When... How..."

" Princess of Rivendell. She is the Princess of Rivendell." Legolas completed his sentence.
" I didn't know that Elrond had another daughter."
" She is just his step daughter. Her real father is the lord of Fangorn." Legolas continued.

" A tree ? Your fiancee is a tree ?"
" My lord I can explain..." I scaredly spoke.
And then I saw his face. Why was he gazing at me like that ?

Thranduil's POV

I stopped breathing. This girl... She was so innocent and shy, well brave and beautiful.
But how ?
Her oak green eyes, wood hair,
The silver dress... Where did I saw it ?
And then I remembered it. The love of my life. Raised by the trees of Mirkwood. She was a half tree and I fell in love with her. She was my queen...

I looked at Nathíniel now. How much she reminded me of her...
I felt so bad now. Why did I judge her.
Legolas deserved a wife like she was. Mirkwood deserved a queen like she was

Nathíniel's POV :

"My lord is everything alright ?" I asked, taking Legolas' hand.
" Call me ada." his angry face formed to pleased one with a warm smile.

Legolas squeezed my hand smiling brightly, his eyes gazing at mine
Tears of happiness filled them. I was so happy that I didn't know what I was doing and I threw my arms around his neck. Immediately when I realised it I stepped back with an embarrassed look.

" Naethen." I apologized.
Thranduil smiled and pulled me into a strong embrace.
" Im naethen." he whispered.
Then he looked at both of us:
" May your love be blessed and may it last until the world shall fade."