Winter surprise

It was January ( in human year of course), Mirkwood trees were covered with snow and it was bitterly cold. I was holding Legolas' hand and we walked together through the forest in silence.
I shivered as the cold wind brushed my cheek.
" Here, meleth nín." Legolas took of his coat and muffled it around my neck.
" Won't you be cold ?" I asked, worried about my husband when I saw him standing in snowy forest just in a tunic.
" I'll be alright. But you need it. Your hands are cold as ice." he said squeezed them.
I smiled and we quietly continued walking together.

" Renich i lú di Lothlórien ? Mar le trenach nin melich nin ?" I stopped and looked into his frost blue eyes.
" I an bain balla o cuil nín. Le an bain tass."

I blushed and spoke quietly:
" You know... All my life I tried to find who I am. I visited many places from Fangorn to Rivendell, Rohan, Gondor, Lorien and Mirkwood. I wandered all the paths in the northern realm of Arnor. I lived with ents, elves and men. I was a daughter of Treebeard, a princess of Rivendell, the elven ranger, a soldier of Minas Tirith and now..."
I took his hand.
" I am the queen of Mirkwood. I used to be so confused, but the moment I met you I finally felt home. Like after all those years I was found."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his head on mine.
" So was I." he whispered and stroke his fingers through my hair, curling it into small spirals.
" Can you believe that 7 years have passed since our wedding ?" I giggled.
" It seems like I've already known you for eternity."
I stayed silent, looking at the white sky. I have to tell him it. But how ?

" And 7 years have passed since Frodo sailed away. Rivendell is now a free place and so is Lothlórien after Galadriel and Celeborn left. Our kingdom is the last Elven realm. " he looked at me a bit sad.
" But it won't be soon for we don't have any heir, who will take care of it after we leave."

This is the time. I have to tell him. With a bright smile I spoke:
" I think we have."
His eyes went wide and his lips curved to a huge smile.
" You mean..."

" We will have a son Legolas!" I cried and wrapped my arms around his neck. He lift me up by my waist and twirled me in the air, cold wind in my hair.
" I'm going to be a daaaaaaaaaad!" he screamed happily, still twirling me.

He finally put me down, his face was happier then ever before.
" I'm going to be a dad." he repeated.
" And you will be the best dad in whole world." I said and gave him a little kiss on his nose.
He pulled me closer to his chest and rested his chin on my shoulder. I fell into the peaceful rhytm of his heart and his lovely forest smell.

" Our son will be a wonderful child." he said and we continued walking.
" Beacuse it will be yours." I smiled.
" No, because it will be yours, meleth nín." he complained.
" Beacuse it will be ours."