Minas Tirith Part 3

" Nathìniel, wake up !" Gandalf shook me, his right hand holding the white staff.
" What's happening !" I asked frightened.
" There is a task to be done my dear. You must not fail me."
I looked him with my mind full of questions. I was tired I didn't have the energy to think.
Gandalf looked at me, narrowing his eyes.
The beacons ! I must light the beacon at the top of the city ! Rohan will come and help us ! And so will Legolas !

I quickly changed into the Guard uniform and ran to the seventh platform of Minas Tirith.

Timeskip

I climbed the stone ledge full of firewood. I looked behind me, making sure that the guards don't see me. But they were chatting happily, without noticing an elf, lighting the beacon of the Citadel.
I slowly poured oil on the pile of firewood. It burned perfectly. Its great orange flames were shining brightly in the dark morning sky.
" Amon din come on..." mumbled Gandalf starring at the distant mountain peak.
Finally a small red flame appeared.
It's done. The city will survive.
I jumped down, Gandalf smiled and help me to stay on my feet.
" The beacon of Amon din is lit !" cried the soldier who was supposed to guard the beacon.
" Hope is kindled." smiled Gandalf.

Timeskip

The sky was dark, full of angry clouds of grey.
I stood on the balcony of our room, scaredly watching a few survivors from Osgiliath riding to the city, followed by a Nazgûl.
I let out a comfirted sigh when I saw Gandalf riding towards them. A flash of light drew out of his staff, driving the Nazgûl away. He turned with a terrifying shriek and flew to the east. To Mordor where all the foul creatures hide.

When I saw that Gandalf and the rangers were riding to the gate, I quickly ran down the street, pulling away the Gondorians that stood in my way.
" Gandalf !" I cried. " I knew you would make it."
" That's why I did so." he winked at me.
" So much wounded men..." I said looking around at the soldiers, their clothes torn and their bodies covered with blood.
" They fought to protect their city." replied Gandalf
" Mithrandir !" an unknown voice called Gandalf.
He turned around and looked at a handsome young man with wavy light hair and blue eyes.
" They broke through our defences. They have taken the bridge and the West bank. Batalions of orcs are crossing the river."
" It is like Lord Denethor predicted." I joined the conversation. This man... He looked familiar.
" Predicted and done nothing !" grumped Gandalf.
Then I recognized the man.

" You are Boromir's brother." I said. He starred at me with surprised eyes.
" Yes. I am. Or better I was."
" Faramir ? She's not the first one who knew your brother. Am I right ?"
Faramir shook his head.

" You have seen Frodo and Sam ?" I gasped happily.
" Yes. In Ithilien. Not two days ago."
" Where are they now ?" I asked curiously.
Faramir looked at Gandalf sadly.
" They are taking the road to the Morgul Vale."
" And then the Pass of Cirith Ungol..." Gandalf said a bit shocked.
" The long stairs, covered in shadow of the Black gate." I whispered.

Gandalf and Faramir continued talking. I must dress for the oath to Denetnor .

I quickly walked the stairs to the citadel. A maid was waiting there for me.
" Come my dear." she said and led me down long stairs to a small room, with white marble walls.
In the middle of a room was a beautiful red dress made of silk, decorated with golden ornaments. It looked a bit elvish. She braided my hair and carefully put an elven crown made of gold with a rubin in the middle on my head. I put on golden shoes and earrings and slowly walked to the great hall.

 I put on golden shoes and earrings and slowly walked to the great hall